Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A Nice E-Bay Story for a Change !!!

Morning,

Got this E-Mail this morning, sold the guy a lot of 19 different 1960 Fleer Football Commons, nice condition.

Dear thedutymon,

You were very conservative with your assessment of the grade of these cards. Given Fleer's "quality control" issues with this historic set, I was quite pleased with the quality of the lot. I remember these when they came out (I was ten years old), and how very cool it was to have something really different! Jack Kemp, whose rookie card was in this set, went to my church for years, and one day I told him that I had once owned his rookie card. "From the tone of your voice," he said with a wry smile, "I gather that you no longer have it."At the time I didn't, having gotten rid of the original a long time ago. I toyed with the thought of asking him to sign the one I eventually did acquire, but, sadly, he died before I could muster up the courage to ask him to sign it. Anyway, thanks for the cards. I'm happy with the purchase, as it brings back memories of simpler and less complex times.
All the best,
Bob C.- bobcee50

Neil
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Always nice to hear from a pleased customer. Well done Neil
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. No way I'm going to take the chance of him calling me an undergrader. BBL. image
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a tough business selling on ebay, but nice buyers such as Bob make it a little bit easier, and certainly more enjoyable.
  • Options
    I've never received anything like that before. Amazing!!!

Dave
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info. No way I'm going to take the chance of him calling me an undergrader. BBL

Now THAT'S funny!!!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    How long until he leaves you a neutral feedback? image
  • Options
    Meanwhile, I received this gem the other day from a satisfied customer with a feedback of 41. The card was perfect (as I recall) when I sent it.

Dear xxxxx,

negative feedback will be left as to the condition of the card. there is surface damage towards the top of the card. (is this why the photo was taken on an angle? only you know) I will be leaving negative feedback if this is not rectified. I always contact sellers before hand, not that I have to often at all, before leaving less than 5 stars. If you intend on giving a partial refund let me know ASAP.

- xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Meanwhile, I received this gem the other day from a satisfied customer with a feedback of 41. The card was perfect (as I recall) when I sent it.

Dear xxxxx,

negative feedback will be left as to the condition of the card. there is surface damage towards the top of the card. (is this why the photo was taken on an angle? only you know) I will be leaving negative feedback if this is not rectified. I always contact sellers before hand, not that I have to often at all, before leaving less than 5 stars. If you intend on giving a partial refund let me know ASAP.

- xxxxxxxx >>

Sounds to me almost like a "form letter" that he has used "often" with some variations of course to the particular auction.
  • Options

<< <i>Meanwhile, I received this gem the other day from a satisfied customer with a feedback of 41. The card was perfect (as I recall) when I sent it.

Dear xxxxx,

- xxxxxxxx >>

Evening,

Out him, what Stevek said, sounds like a douche, needs to be on my BBL!!

Thanks

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always refreshing to hear a positive eBay story.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)