Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Longtime EAC member Robert Yuell has passed away

Bob Yuell passed away Saturday night after a long illness.

He was a 40-year member of EAC specializing in US Half Cents.

For more information, please go to my website in the signature line.

Thanks,

Greg Heim
EAC #3619

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear of Bob's passing. This has been a very difficult year for our collector hobby, as we have lost far to many. My condolences to his family and friends.
  • Options
    joecopperjoecopper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭
    Greg - first thing I saw on Region 8 this AM - I am sure that he will be missed.
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad news indeed. image
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Greg - first thing I saw on Region 8 this AM - I am sure that he will be missed. >>

Although I knew Bob for over 16 years since Lisa and I attended our first EAC Convention in 1995, it wasn't until 14 years later that we became good friends both inside and outside of the hobby.

I decided that it was high time to spend a little more time with him since we lived only 45 minutes apart. Needless to say, I am glad that I did.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    Very sadimage
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    NewEnglandRaritiesNewEnglandRarities Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    This is awful news. I heard the news from Mike Demling this afternoon. Bob was a great man who was very dedicated collector of Half Cents and was one of the few true gentlemen I have met in my 20+ years in this business. He will be missed greatly. My prayers and thoughts are with his family during this tough time.

RIP Bob
    New England Rarities...Dealer In Colonial Coinage and Americana
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is awful news. I heard the news from Mike Demling this afternoon. Bob was a great man who was very dedicated collector of Half Cents and was one of the few true gentlemen I have met in my 20+ years in this business. He will be missed greatly. My prayers and thoughts are with his family during this tough time.

RIP Bob >>

I will convey those to his wife and children.

Although he was known as "The Whister," I often referred to him as "The Venerable Master."
  • Options
    NewEnglandRaritiesNewEnglandRarities Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Greg. I appreciate that. I know Mike and him had a lot of fun dueling over the years!
    New England Rarities...Dealer In Colonial Coinage and Americana

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file