Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need opinions -- selling late in the year

What are everyone's opinions on selling on October/November versus December and January? Historically, when are people spending the most on Ebay sports card auctions at this time of year?

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always used to be a no brainer about the first few weeks in December being the best. Although baseball cards, right before the beginning of baseball season is always an excellent time as well. For sure, there's no totally consistent pattern.
  • Options
    I've been told that end of Nov./first of Dec. is a great time. I was skeptical too.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    don't know what the economy might predicate this year, but i remember last year the two months prior to the holiday season was a great time to be a buyer.

my attitude about selling has always been the same: if you have anything worth watching, you can sell it anytime of the year.
  • Options
    I've also always been told what Jeff just said...if it's high quality, it'll sell good at any time of the year.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    If it's high-quality but not widely collected sets, avoid times when lots of people may be on vacation.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    depends on what type of cards you are selling and even though early december may be a prime time it is also a prime time for other sellers so their may be a greater chance of a lost package.
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    I seem to do more volume in my eBay store (vintage) in Dec/Jan than Oct/Nov.....also did more buying on eBay during those 2 months last year (so there were either more auctions or the prices were cheaper).

• Options
    our sales have been consistently the same,
    I don't think it matters...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options

Probstein image
  • Options
    I've always had good luck selling late. It's time for presents.

Dave
  • Options
    I seem to do a bit better on my BINs in late Nov and early Dec, I usually try to run a special and have done very well. My auctions seem to do about the same year round.