Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question for Cincinnati Reds and Postcard collectors

I have a 31 card set of Cincinnati Reds team issued postcards that I am having a bit of trouble getting a handle on the value and scarcity of these cards. I got these cards when I purchased a collection 10 years ago and just recently uncovered them as I was cleaning out some stuff I had. I am interested in getting some opinions on value for the whole set. I assume these are not all that scarce as they were team issued but one never knows. These all have the same postcard back and none of them have any type of writing on them. I know these were sent to a ten year old boy who requested autographs from the team in 1962 but that is about how much I know.

Condition wise there are no rips or creases but many do have tape marks on the front.

Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. Here is the scans.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!

Comments

• Options
    You might want to contact the Reds Hall of Fame for information about these cards, at least in terms of scarcity. For value, try Sports Investments at 513-729-7475; they deal in lots of local sports memorabilia.
  • Options
    I believe the set is from 1962. Rojas was only with the Reds for that year.
  • Options
    Typically, most common cards sell in the range of $5 to $10 in the Cincinnati area. Stars such as Robinson would go for $35 to $50 range. The tape marks on most of these will hurt the value quite a bit.