Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Dancing Christmas Lights

Hello, I know this is an off topic question and i hope i can post this here.

We have all seen the Christmas lights dancing to music on Youtube. I want to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction. I got about 1k give or make to.
Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

Comments

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    My neighbor did this last year and is currently already setting up for this year. It is cool and all except for the fact THAT IT IS ALWAYS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM ME. He has a small transmitter that allows you to listen to the music with your radio, but for one hour a night he would play the music from speakers all around the house. I will admit that it looks really cool, but there are a couple of drawbacks to doing it (Some of them are from a neighbor's prospective).

1. Unwanted traffic on your street. When word gets out that you have done this, everyone will come. I mean everyone.
    2. People will park their cars where ever they feel like it. That includes your yard, your driveway, and in front of your driveway.
    3. It must take forever to set it up. The guy has been at it 2-3 hours every day this week and he hasn't set up 20% of what he had up last year.

That being said, upon being visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future I discovered that I might be acting like a donkey on this matter so next time I see him out working on it I'll ask where he got the gear and software for you. You might, however, want to let your neighbors know your plans in case they have any concerns.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    While taking my son trick or treating tonight I stopped and asked my neighbor about his setup. From what I understand he uses this:
    http://www.lightorama.com/index.html

When I asked how difficult it is he laughed and said "Do you really want to know?" I declined.
    When he asked how we enjoyed it last year I laughed and said "Do you really want to know?" He declined.

So yeah. http://www.lightorama.com/index.html
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit of a twist on Christmas.

My neighbors put up ELEVEN Christmas trees. Last year it was only nine, so I guess they hit a garage sale deal and upped it to elven this year. They begin in early October and it takes them a couple of weeks or more to accomplish their treearama. The main tree in their living room actually has candles on it and as the invitees come and go, they light the candles for a while and I guess everybody is supposed to go ooooh, aaaah. They actually have a picture of the tree from back when and use it as a guide to place every bauble, bangle and bead exactly in place. Did I leave out the life-sized Santa Claus over in the corner with a scroll that has every visitors name written on the scroll? Cwazy!!

We try not to get invited over, it's really a "hey, look at what we got" kinda moment. Sadly, we missed last year, however, the year before found us enjoying a wonderful moment when, unbeknowns to us, they had added a clapper. So, out of the blue the guy goes clap, clap with his hands...and presto, the train starts to go and choo choo gets cranked up. They thought it was great.

The guy complains about all the tedious work, but seems to revel in their happy little Christmas-ville. I don't get eleven trees, but I guess it makes them happy. Waaaaaaaay over the top for me.

Weirdly, he adds a really cheezy Santa Claus sleigh thingy outside with some lame, low sounding music that just repeats ad nauseum. I gotta admit, it's kinda cool when a strong breeze comes along and down goes the sleigh.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A bit of a twist on Christmas.

My neighbors put up ELEVEN Christmas trees. >>

Please. That's nothing. image My wife's best friend has like 17. They range from 2-foot trees in the kitchen to 8 and 9-footers elsewhere in the house. She doesn't take photos of them or anything but they are always immaculately decorated. What's crazy is that their house is not gigantic by any means - I think it's about 2500 sq ft, 4 bedrooms - and yet the trees don't overwhelm the house or anything. It seems like it should be PACKED and yet it doesn't feel that way.

Tabe