Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Man Cave

Hi,

I am looking to fix up the man cave and was looking for some nice display cases. I am specifically looking for wall mounted cases that hold graded cards. I recently bought the document binders (recommended in another thread) that look great and figured I'd finish up the room. This boards last suggestion was a winner and I am hoping we can find a nice case.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Comments

• jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Dave

I picked up a nice display case from Pennzoni for my C55 set.

Link

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Dave. I have the exact penzoni case in oak. Never used. In the box. Retail is like $100, I can do better. I'm in Ohio.
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Not sure how much wall space you have,I had this 105 card case made,went to local High school
    and worked out a deal with shop teacher to have his students make one,so happy how it turned out!
    I had them make me a 36 card one as well,only had to pay for wood.

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on your man cave David.

I bought a few bat racks from this company - they're pricey - but their stuff is incredibly built.

Sports Displays.

Do you have a basement? I know I wish I had one - I'd own the entire thing!!!! image
    Mike
  • Thanks for the nice examples of display cases. This gives me something to choose from. I have an office at home and I'd like to spruce it up. The walls are covered with Bruins 8x10s and I have a table set up with two cases filled with my favorite cards - kind of like my own card show... I'd like to start on the walls now.

Bobs, thanks for the offer re the case. If I go that route, I will PM you.

Dave
  • One last question for the Pennzoni case users... I read in another thread that you need to slant the case slightly when affixing to wall by adding small piece of wood at bottom back so as to have the cards remain upright. Otherwise, the cards would not sit properly and would in fact, lean somewhat forward. Is this correct?

Dave
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    dave - correct.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Just use double sided tape and you wont have to angle the case. Also keeps the cards from falling out. Here are some pics of my hobby room. I bought my cases at the local hobby lobby.
  • Sweet room! Thanks all for the update
  • goraiders - How the hell do you watch tv with all that awesomeness around it? I'd be to distracted to pay attention to anything else.
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>goraiders - How the hell do you watch tv with all that awesomeness around it? I'd be to distracted to pay attention to anything else. >>

I try and watch in the family room,less distracting for sure.My main problem is always wantint to
    rearrange everything!
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8