Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BGS / BVG Grades Pop *** SCANS ADDED!!!

Alright you judgemental mofos....image

I sent these out to BGS because none of the specials lately have allowed for oversized cards. Plus PSA won't grade Tyson's Question of Sport card and I needed a quick grade on the Russell rookie (seller gave me a 30 money back guarantee that it would be slabbed).

I will post some picks when I get these early next week:

Set Name Player Final Grade
1936 Franck Coffee Series 11 Jesse Owens 2.0
1936 Franck Coffee Series 11 Jesse Owens 5.0
1936 Reemstma Olympics Jesse Owens 5.0
1936 Reemstma Olympics Jesse Owens 2.0
2003 Panini Portugese Soccer Cristiano Ronaldo 9.0
1987 A Question of Sport UK Mike Tyson 9.0
1957-58 Topps Bill Russell 3.0
Hook'em

Comments

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Did you use the 25 special they are offering? I like the way they email you when the grade pops.
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>Did you use the 25 special they are offering? I like the way they email you when the grade pops. >>

Yes, I bought a $50 "gift card" from them for $25 last month. Living in Texas, I have to pay sales tax so 8.25% so after taxes I paid $58 for 8 ($33 + $25) cards graded on their 10 business day service. Pretty good deal if you ask me. PSA would have charged me $120+ While I would rather have them in PSA holders, I am okay with BGS/BVG and SCG for vintage.

I do love how they email you when they log the cards in and the grades pop.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I do love how they email you when they log the cards in and the grades pop. >>

I receive emails from PSA when my cards are logged, when they pop, and when they ship. Hmmm...
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Nice sub. I'm waiting to get 2 more star basketball cards and ill be making my first bgs sub of all cards psa won't grade. Mostly star basketball rookies, 2 qos tysons, a bruce lee Joepie sticker and also 2 magazines. I sent an si to randall cuningham to sign back when I was in 8th grade. I got it back signed and it hung on my wall for a few years. I found it recently in a box in the attic of my parents house and would love to get it authenticated and slabbed. I also got a 1965 minnesota fats guide to pool book I want to get slabbed since I can't find any cards for him
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    $400 dlvd raw purchase from eBay dealer

I am glad BGS will grade these. Very happy about the grade with some concerns about the edges. I paid about $15 dlvd a while back...

I am very excited about this card. This was about $45 dlvd raw. I thought I had a shot at a 9.5 but the back top left corner killed this card. I have 2 on a piggyback right now with Bobby at PSA...

I have a PSA 5 of this as well...

Excited to get this slabbed as I did not have any of these graded yet...

Hook'em
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    How is that last Owens a 5?
    ....and why does psa not grade the Tyson?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Russell, love the high top Chuck Taylors with blue shoe laces on the defender.
  • Options

<< <i>How is that last Owens a 5?
    ....and why does psa not grade the Tyson? >>

VERY light impressions on the corners of the Owens where it looks like someone had it in some type of album that applied pressure on the corners to hold it in place. Otherwise I think it would have graded much higher. The 2's that I got back of Owens had damage on the back from being removed from an album. They also have great eye appeal and otherwise would have graded high.

No idea on the Tyson. I have a feeling that will change down the road. SGC grades this card as well.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Very cool sub. I emailed bgs about labeling the Tyson as 1986 rather than 87 but got shot down. Still think it looks great slabbed. I really drink the Kool aid... I had zero interest in that Tyson card until I found out sgc and bgs would slab it.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Per request, here are the PSA 2 Owen cards:

The first is one of the prettiest 2's you will EVER see IMO...

If you look closely at the back of this one you can see the damage from removing it from an album...

Hook'em
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I'll assume you meant BVG 2s. And, very cool cards, especially those Owens
  • Options

<< <i>I'll assume you meant BVG 2s. And, very cool cards, especially those Owens >>

Ha! Correct and great catch. I guess I was wishing they would have come home in PSA 2 holders image
    Hook'em
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE to see the variety. Good job! image