Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Theres George

As respite from the madness of the ASE frenzy (feeding time at the zoo) i absconded to the bay to see what was being overlooked in favour of the squabbling , i wasnt disappointed.

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. It is a little difficult to understand the (over)enthusiasm for bullion mint products sometimes.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very nice. It is a little difficult to understand the (over)enthusiasm for bullion mint products sometimes. >>

If you bought them when silver was 4 dollars, you would get excited alsoimage

That piece is an excitement too.image
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear Hear!
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost popped over to the lightside to see what you were talking about...buy maybe a brief summary from over here would be better? Are they selling restrikes of the previous dates or something?

Nice coin image

Cathy

• Options
    Thanks everybody , i think its the nicest ive seen from the bay in a long time , a new seller out of New York.I hadnt realised but i appear to have a thing about groats or the number 4 , ill need to get a group photo of them now.I also need to secure services of a photographer soon , i found an Edward Vll in my collection id forgotten about and i cant capture the rainbow toning , was surprised to se it. Not monster toning or anything near it but it's there.
    Stork , lol , i think there were 14 or 15 threads yesterday on the front page concerning the 25th Anniversary SAE set , much talk of who got how many and who didnt , the pros and cons of flipping and much gnashing of teeth at ebay for canceling presales.Its the daftest ive ever seen on that board get.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I've always liked that George IV portrait. I picked up a nice halfcrown, with similar toning to yours, off the 'bay a while back. Filled a hole in my wishlist that had been there for a couple years.

edited for bigger+better pics
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    WoW , thats a beaut Pokermandude , i havnt seen that reverse before as clearly , thats one i'd love to own an example of.Thanks for posting it image
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WoW , thats a beaut Pokermandude , i havnt seen that reverse before as clearly , thats one i'd love to own an example of.Thanks for posting it image >>

Thanks image It's a really neat design that was only used for three years I believe. When I saw the toning on this one I couldn't say no either. Shame about the light hairlines on the obverse, but they look much worse in the large pics than in hand. One of, if not my most, favourite coin.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    I can see why ..he fairly leaps off the page in his portrait , my missus here is an artist and thats one of the few times she commented on a coin , she said it was as fine as any portrait , high praise indeed for our coins Pokermandude , usually she says "i dont wanna touch that dirty old thing" and sometimes she doesnt just mean me image
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    These are beautiful...I want one!