Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Odd German Medal

Not quite sure whose artwork appears on the medal ... but I believe the seller has it overpriced ...

RAREST NAZI COIN ON EBAY! LARGE 1933 SILVER 5M w SA TROOPER, A.H. HISTORIC FIND!
1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cacheman can chime in, but this is a Goetz medal and not worth that price.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adolf looks very unreal on it....
    is it real?
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Medal, not coin.

No regular-issue coins were struck with Adolf's portrait, though I think there was a pattern.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    This is the most common of Goetz' Hitler issues and is a 36mm struck reduction of the larger 60mm cast piece. It's a $425 piece in perfect condition, which this one isn't as evidenced by scratches on both the obverse and reverse. This piece is overpriced by about $1400...

I find it interesting that anyone but myself can sell Hitler medals on Ebay. My auctions are always pulled and I receive the faux threats from Ebay. Not a problem, new sales site should be on-line in early 2012.
  • Options
    I thought the piece might be a Goetz medal and knew it was way overpriced ... be interesting to see if eBay leaves it out there until it ends or if they yank it due to their offended sensibilities ... so much for censoring history.

Happy Rock Wrens

Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    If you were looking for a nice example then one can be found here at a very reasonable price.

If you are also interested in reading more about the story behind this particular medal you can do so right here on this board by following this LINK.
  • Options
    At this point I only have one Goetz medal ... 1927D Hindenburg.

Figure I would need to do more reading before deciding if I wanted to expand into this arena ...

Happy Rock Wrens