Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this what graded cards from the 60's has come too?

a 1969 Dodgers Rookie Stars card graded PSA 9 sells for $1.75....and that's with 4 bids!!!

a Waverly set breaker type probably could have got $10 raw!!!

Here is the auction

Unreal!
Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    WOW. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    sadly, this has been a long time coming.

the market for graded 69's, even in high grade, has become cluttered and overabundant, with very few exceptions.....i've been tracking the set for years and i've never seen so many cards go unsold before.

the market is loaded up, and a card with a population in the hundreds for a PSA 9 is just as good as a handful of 1990 Score commons, it seems.

if you're curious to know who has been polluting the lake, start with a trip down a winding river.
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    So it seems like a 69 7-8-9 slabbed is just as cheap as a raw card?
    I'm sure the stars etc Reggie rc are exceptions but...
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I guess with 69's and probably 68's the sky has fallen!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I think the very low price was just a fluke. On another day, it may have sold for $15+. A PSA 8 of the same card recently sold for $5.50.
  • Options
    the sky hasn't fallen Mark. yet. image

but the ping-pong ball effect of pricing + the fact raw cards from set breaks are outpricing their graded counterparts makes it seem pretty unproductive to grade gobs of mint commons anymore, eh?
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    69 high pops are as easy as KK right now, brochachos
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Not sure I like the centering.
  • Options
    They also were charging $3.95 shipping so almost 6 dollars total.

I do think this is a sign of things to come, its only going to get worse.......
  • Options
    did someone get a steal?
  • Options
    it wasn't Allen Craig.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>a 1969 Dodgers Rookie Stars card graded PSA 9 sells for $1.75....and that's with 4 bids!!!

a Waverly set breaker type probably could have got $10 raw!!!

Here is the auction

Unreal! >>

That's insane. It's a high pop card but come on. I don't trust eBay anymore for putting cards out there at $0.99 starting bids. eBay destroyed that auction format thanks to all their tweaking of the auction formats. That's why you see fewer and fewer true auction format listings for cards these days. I think that's also why so many small auction sites have popped up in the last few years. People who want to move their cards need a venue that's more efficient than eBay but not as expensive as the big auction houses.