Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I Need Football Cards for KIDS!

Hi all. As I may have mentioned before I am an elementary school counselor. In the past I have given out baseball cards on occasion, hoping some of them would get into the hobby. Unfortunately, my plan has so far failed. However, today (just minutes ago really) I walked into a class at the end of the day to check on a kid, and five boys were sitting in the back, trading cards!!! I almost broke my neck getting to the back of the classroom, and saw they had football cards. I do not collect football cards at all. i don't think I have ever purchased a pack of football cards in my life, yet I was still excited and talked with the kids for a few minutes (it turns out one of them does collect some baseball cards).

Now here's the pitch: I would love to hook these kids up with some football cards. It is exciting to see 4th graders into cards. Plus. my school is 70% poverty level, so some of these kids really don't have the spending money to put out for cards. Would anybody be willing to donate some football cards to these kids in my school? Obviously the more recent the years the better, as these are little kids, but I will take anything! I will pay postage if you are willing to donate. I would be extremely grateful, and I am sure so woule the kids.

In the meantime, I am planning on bringing in more baseball cards tomorrow to see if I can get these kids hooked! LOL. Thanks to any and all who can help!
Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    exactly HOW BIG a boxful of Football Cards for KIDS! would you like Sethro?

please PM me your addy and i can send you some cards including nice shiny stuff from the 90's if ya want it. image
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I thought that flashy, all caps KIDS title would be an eye catcher!

PM about to be sent!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly have football cards from the mid to late 80s, but I'll do some searching tonight. I always love to help kids get into cards. In the past I've loaded up many-an-album for my friends' kids. image
  • Options
    Thanks Jeff. I really appreciate you taking a look and seeing what you have. I really hope these kids will really get into it with more cards. Granted, I'd rather it be baseball, but it's nice to see kids getting into any kind of cards when we keep hearing that this hobby is for old men, is dying, etc.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I've got some 2011 topps and topps platinum you can have (probably only 200 cards). Lots of big names included, shoot me a PM.
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    I have a few boxes of FB cards that I'm looking to get rid of. PM me some info and we can talk some more.
  • Options
    Wow! Can't believe the quick responses and generous offers! Although grateful for any other donations, I think right now I am going to hold off on having any more sent. Combining the offers already made, these kids are going to have more cards than I do in no time! Thank you all again for your kind thoughts and actions. These kids are going to be psyched!
  • Options
    Afternoon,

When you need more let me know!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Most definitely, Neil. Thank you for the offer.
  • Options
    A huge thank you to itzagoner, fattymacs, and scashaggy for their awesome and generous gifts.

The cards were distributed today and were a huge hit. The kids were so excited and the teachers even gave them a couple of extra minutes of snack time to look through their new cards and trade with each other. It was really nice to see children with so much enthusiasm for cards. Hopefully some will stay on board and pump some new blood in to this old man hobby. Many of the girls wanted cards too, so who knows, maybe some of them will stay on, too!

I hope going to the well one more time will not be considered uncool, but if anyone else would care to donate more cards to these kids I would greatly appreciate it, and I know they would too. I underestimated the response to the cards, and the demand far outstripped the supply!

Thanks again for making a bunch of kids really happy!
  • Options
    Any interest in these?

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards/2010-topps-attax-football-booster-box

I have no idea how the game works, but might provide interest in trading and I assume some kind of math.

If you have any interest send me a pm
    I am working on the Nolan Ryan master set. Need 1004 more cards to complete. I might actually spend more on plastic than I did on cardboard.
  • Options
    Bouwob,
    I think that would be awesome if you have some like that. Your PM is not turned on, though. Turn them on and I'll shoot you a PM! Thank you!

• Options
    An astute board member gave me a heads up on this:

ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTABLE!!!!!!!

My school is a non-profit entity.

If you need any kind of receipt let me know and I would be glad to hook you up.

Thanks FavreFan1971!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Glad I could help out. I was thinking if others know that they are tax deductible they will give more.