Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Boston show

Who is going next weekend?

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there with Cal Ripken
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there friday
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Likely to breeze through on Sat
  • Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there on Friday...
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    Not going to bother. I don't do autos and don't feel like paying the $7 entry fee to walk around and see the over priced, overgraded stuff that I've seen for the last 5+ years. image
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    gonan go but not till Saturday.

Duncan--sorry I'll miss ya. Traffic just too bad on Friday afternoon fro me to trek down--uhhh...up
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    See ya there Big red
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not going to bother. I don't do autos and don't feel like paying the $7 entry fee to walk around and see the over priced, overgraded stuff that I've seen for the last 5+ years. >>

I agree but every once and a while you find something cool, I picked up2 of these 2 years ago and haven't seen another before or since. I mostly go to chat.
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not going to bother. I don't do autos and don't feel like paying the $7 entry fee to walk around and see the over priced, overgraded stuff that I've seen for the last 5+ years. >>

I agree but every once and a while you find something cool, I picked up2 of these 2 years ago and haven't seen another before or since. I mostly go to chat.
    image >>

Very cool piece! Condition could be better, but it has the most iconic card of all of the Philly sets.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
    just checkin in to see who will be there Saturday? Gonna be here about 10:30 or so. We can meet to say hi around noon

Manny
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone go yesterday or Friday? How was it?
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • wrightywrighty Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    I spent 6 hours there yesterday, tons of raw cards as usual and lots of overpriced IMO graded cards. I haven't been to a lot of "larger" shows but I was very surprised at the dramatic price difference from table to table especially on raw commons. For example I was looking for EXMT to NM 1972 baseball high numbers raw, depending upon what table you went to they ranged in price from $6.00 to $14.00 +, I walked and priced at every table for almost 3 hours before buying. The other surprise to me was the large number of dealers who only had raw and said they "don't play the grading game", some very sharp raw stuff at these tables and I think if someone was comfortable with their grading skills would be able to cherrypick some decent cards. I picked up over a 100 raw commons for my 60's and 70's sets. I also picked up a nice raw 69 Reggie, again price difference from table to table was very surprising. Have fun at the show. Jeff
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I swung through the show today and had a good time. Surprisingly it felt like new blood there as I found myself buying right off the bat

I picked up some deceased autos(HOFers) and some RC cards to send out for signings/TTM

Actually took a while to walk the floor, considering a return tomorow?

went and found some really nice unopened material. Problem is they were asking top dollar--not that I blame them. Vintage unopened--the real stuff--is tougher to get. There's lots out there but much of it not being sold due to down economy. I agree that much of the graded stuff from the big guys--707, champs bums, others--were way overpriced. Clearly they will take it home if they don't get their price--again not that I blame them.

Screwed up on 1 piece I should have bought immediately. 1970 Topps Tony C card autographed and PSA authenticated. For $150 I should have pounced on it. Debated and when I went back....gone!!! Real bummed at that one

I left without making a major purchase. but I had a good time nonetheless.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I bought a few red menace commons at a great price and also had an ancient Indian "Flesher" authenticated by one of the dealers which made me happy. Not going to be able to retire on selling it, but nice to know it was "just a rock" as 99% of uneducated people have told me. Most raw and graded way overpriced saw some familiar faces and some new ones as well. I love the comradeship we dont get to have on ebay. I submitted two cards to SGC and that was about it.