Home Precious Metals
Options

WHA 1 oz. silver bars

Just picked up 7 1 oz. silver bars from various WHA (World Hockey Association) teams with team logos on the back. Is there any premium over spot for these?

Thanks, Bill.
USAF RET. 1963-1984

Successful BSTs with: Grote15, MadMarty, Segoja,cucamongacoin,metalsman.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, there is. I've seen buy-it now's on ebay for $65 or so, but these have been listed forever. However , when silver went to almost $50, someone did end buying a couple of them, including the MN Fighting Saints one that I was going to use my ebay bucks for.
    So I would estimate that they are actually worth between $45-60 to the right person.
    If you have the Saints one and want to sell it, I would be a right person

• Options

<< <i>Just picked up 7 1 oz. silver bars from various WHA (World Hockey Association) teams with team logos on the back. Is there any premium over spot for these?

Thanks, Bill. >>

That is a good find IMO. According to one of my Archie Kidd silver art bar price guides, Those were minted in 1974 and 1975 by Great Lakes Mint and those are very hard to find since the guide book lists most of these with a mintage of only 300 for each bar (except for Indianapolis Racers, Minn. Fighting Saints, and Houston Aeros). There are a total of 16 World Hockey Association silver art bars that were minted durin that time according to what was listed in the art bar guidebook. I have not seen any past regular auction winning bids on these bars and I have not paid attention to the BIN prices on these particular art bars but I would go with what Leftofdial said that they will more than likely fetch between $10 to $25 per bar on ebay since they are hard to find silver art bars.
    DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.