Home Metal Detecting
Options

Hey guys and girls, any of you have a civil war era mini-ball or musket lead ball you would sell? A

I am a coin/gun collector and putting together a display of rounds (loaded bullets) and it encompasses many era's, countries and types of ammunition starting around 1870 or so but I would like to add a classic civil war era (maybe dug out of a battlefield, but provenance does not need to be proved, I know what to look for) mini-ball and a civil war or earlier musket round ball (should be .48 caliber or larger). I would also love a canon ball or and actual artillery round head from before 1870 (obviously inert). If you do please PM me or if you know where I could buy some please let me know?

Thanks- TN

Comments

• Options
    what part of texas are you from?,,j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    Try here or here for cannon balls, artillery shells, etc.

Sounds like you're putting together an interesting display!

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nephew found a cannonball in Martinsberg WV about 8 monthes ago but he's relunctant to part with it.

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id be reluctant to do the same oldeastside. one does not dig them up everday for sure
  • Options
    the reason im asking what part of texas your from is my sister lives in the dallas area and back along time ago she lived in upper state new york and has a cannon ball just sitting around they found, i figured if your close enough you could help her out,, j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have a spare round musketball.

Maybe even a spare .69 cal. 3-ring Minie- I dug a bunch of those on one site a while back. Not sure how many I have left. Gave most of 'em away, but I wanted to keep at least one nice example. And these were all nice "drops"- they were castin' 'em right there- we found everything but the mold. This was a site occupied in 1863 by African-American Federal troops. (Ever see the movie Glory? Those guys.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hundreds of them as well as many period pistol bullets, spencer casings, henry casings etc. PM me your addy and I will send you some for free.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you going to ship the cannon ball,just shoot it on over?
    Are they about the size of a softball?
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How are you going to ship the cannon ball,just shoot it on over?
    Are they about the size of a softball? >>

I was talking about minie balls when I said 100ds of them.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions