Home Precious Metals

Silver Art Bar from Vancouver BC - Is this Johnson Mathey?

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
What do you guys think? I found this yesterday. The dealer was from B.C.

It says Western Silver LTD - but the little logo lower left on the reverse has JM & M
Do you think Johnson Mathey produced these ingots for someone else possibly?
I purchased it simply because of that little logo and I liked the low serial number.

Comments

• ksammutksammut Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    Just a guess that JM&M made the art bars for the sponsors of the Pacific National Exhibition in 1975 and Western Silver Limited was one of the sponsors or Western Silver LTD simply ordered them from JM&M with the PFE design.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 35,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the serial number!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Found this item but couldn't get the pic to copy.

We find the most interesting SilverBullionUSA.com. Here are the best deals we found for the Seldom Seen10 Gram JM&M Silver Ingot.999 Free Ship for sale on the Internet.
    Current Price: $22.50
    Sold on eBayIf you want to find similar items currently for sale on eBay please click here.
    Seldom Seen10 Gram JM&M Silver Ingot.999 Free Ship Picture(s) and Description:

auction747 Store Seldom Seen~10 Gram JM&M Silver Ingot~.999 Fine ~Rare Canadian Silver Ingot~ This silver bar has been in a plastic holder and isfree from damage. This is the first of these I've seen on the market and could be the only one on eBay.Size is 9/16" X 1" X 1/8" (14 MM X25 MM X 3 MM )Free Shipping to the United States
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Bingo, Johnson Matthey & Mallory LTD Canada is JM&M

1 OZ.TR. 999
    FINE SILVER
    JOHNSON MATTHEY & MALLORY LIMITED
    ASSAYERS AND REFINERS
    CANADA [Serial #]
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>What do you guys think? I found this yesterday. The dealer was from B.C.

It says Western Silver LTD - but the little logo lower left on the reverse has JM & M
    Do you think Johnson Mathey produced these ingots for someone else possibly?
    I purchased it simply because of that little logo and I liked the low serial number.
    >>

The JM&M logo stands for Johnson Matthey & Mallory.

I own a 10g bar.

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009