Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEPWS - Shooting Taler and Modern Images of Victoria

Went to the Bellaire show this morning, a litlle local show here in Houston. There are only a couple of World dealers their, but there was a dealer I had not met before with a case full of nice NGC graded Ancients, a couple of those were pretty tempting. Alex, one of the regulars had a very large case full of Mexican Cap and Rays pieces, mostly raw but nice looking with some better dates.

I picked up a decent, although obviously dipped at some point, 1861 Niwalden shooting taler in PCGS 62, still has decent luster and looks much better than you would expect for a 62. If this was a Morgan dollar it would make 64-65.

And for something completely different, how about a 1976 Turks and Caicos Islands silver 20 Crown. This one happens to be slabbed for some reason, it's in PF65UCAM. It's over an oz. of silver but I paid quite a bit over melt, mintage of 22,000, love the 4 portraits of Victoria on the reverse, and it has very attractive corrosion by-products on it.

And finally a pretty little 1989 Netherlands silver Ducat bullion piece with attractive, if not so vibrant, corrosion. I've been buying the gold versions over the years for bullion so thought a pretty silver one would fit in.

Comments