Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: 1952 Topps Low Grade PSA

I have been kicking around the idea of attempting a PSA graded '52 Topps set for almost a decade now and I think that the time has come to do something about it. This is a VERY long-term project on an extremely tight budget, so I will be strictly looking for lower grades (PSA 1-4, although 2's or 3's would be best for cost). I know it can be tough to find some of the commons PSA graded this low, so I figured I would put a feeler out here and see what is available. Let me know what you have in this range and how much you are looking to get. PM or email Moefb78@aol.com.

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    You might as well start with the 52 Mathews I have, one of the hardest cards in the set. Just sayin!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    I have a high #322 PSA 2 for 75 & have several low #s.
  • Options
    Ron: I'd love to get the Mathews, but highly doubt I could work that in the budget right now. Just curious, what grade is it and what are you looking to get?

Goldenhawk: Enable your private messages, I'd like to know which low #'s you have.

Mike
  • Options
    TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    PM sent
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    pm sent
  • Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    PM's responded to.

Mike
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

Just a thought before you get into this too far. Since you are talking about low grades it may be dificult to find a number of them. I would suggest doing a RAW set with the key cards graded. Your money will go farther and you will have a much better selection to choose from. If you end with some doubles from buying lots there are lots of guys to trade with.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jeff
  • Options
    Pre-Christmas bump, making great progress so far. I've been able to pick up a great PSA 2 Mathews, in addition to Pafko (3mc), Feller (3), Hodges (4), Berra (4), Rizzuto (2), Nuxhall (3) and Campanella (SGC 1.5). I have 47 total PSA cards so far, and another 14 cards to submit, including Groat and two other high #'s.

I am still interested in buying low graded cards (1-4) to add to the set, whether they are commons, high #'s or stars. I may also consider raw cards that would grade within this range. Let me know what you have, this project has been a blast so far!

Link to set on the registry: http://www.psacard.com/PSASETREGISTRY/publishedset.aspx?s=104222&ac=1

Thanks,

Mike
  • Options
    bump