Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Set Display at Pittsburgh ANA

First, I want to thank PCGS, especially BJ Searls and Don Willis for displaying my set prominently in Long Beach and then at Pittsburgh. They went all-out in putting them in prominent display, making up some outstanding color brochures, and a nice poster for the event. The work put in was very professional and the results very nice. I was a mini-celebrity and signed some of the brochures for people. As a collector, it is fun to show your coins or sets to other people. I especially enjoyed looking at the coins one-by-one with my preferred dealer, Harry Laibstain. He has helped me select many coins for this set over at least 10 years, and lots of memories and discussion ensued. I was also able to work out a similar viewing with Mike Hayes, something we both greatly enjoyed.

It was the first time I had seen my set in the new Secure Plus holders, with the edge holders, and when I first looked at them in the locked display cases, I thought they looked like the plastic was more clear or the coins seemed to be floating or more vibrant. After looking them over in hand, I decided most of this new effect had to do with the three gaps around the coins which allows more light and illumination of the coins, thus making them look brighter in the holders.

Anyone else who saw the coins, I hope you enjoyed seeing them.
Dr. Pete

Comments

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I especially enjoyed them. An amazing set. Thanks for displaying them and thanks for the autograph.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Peter, I have to say that the highlight of my trip to Pittsburgh was
    the personal viewing of your magnificent collection. I have wanted
    to be able to view your set for over a decade and now that the set
    is in the newest Secure tri-edge holders, they were dazzeling.

Many thanks again and I appreciated the time you took from your
    busy schedule to show me your collection - and I was glad to have
    run into you at the airport and able to continue our conversation.

See you at FUN.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases