Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The best 1985 O-Pee-Chee Randy Macho Man Savage I have ever found....

This is the one. I don't think there is better. This has it all. Perfect centering, razor sharp corners, no print dot and tremendous eye appeal.

I can't wait to get this one graded!!!

I have 13 of these that are raw and one of the only PSA 9's and this is the best.

If this is not a 10 I don't think one exists.

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Good luck! If I had any balls I'd have the wife and I go to a Halloween party in those outfits. HA!
  • Options
    Great card Dpeck. Does that bottom left look a little off to you? Maybe it's my iPhone.

It's a beauty either way. Are there any 10's of this card?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my PSA 9 which is a Pop 2. I bought 14 sets and a sealed box just to get one.

The bottom left corner does not look great in the scan for some reason. This card is razor sharp.

The only problem is the edges which on an OPC is crap shoot. I think that is what is hurting the scan.

No there are no 10's and there may never be. This is the closest I have ever handled.

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I used to mow Leaping Lanny Poffo's lawn when I was a kid. One time I found one of his trademark frisbees in his yard and kept it for myself. I wonder what something like that would bring on the open market.
  • Options
    Cool stuff man. I still check out my 8 all the time. I never see these come up for sale. I still have to open that other Panini Sticker box in search of a Gem Tyson. Just no time!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    I am guessing like 4 million.

Hell maybe 16 million. Sounds like an amazing piece of history.

• Options
    One day people will realize how tough a PSA 8 it is.

Wow you have the Panini still sealed. I would keep it that way for a while. The seller from Cyprus ran out.

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    my twin brother and i used to brawl as youngsters. i remember the time i split his melon open just like gene kiniski used to do to the "maddog" maurice vachon; blood everywhere. boy there was hell to pay when mom got home that night.

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    My twin brother Bill and I did the same thing. One of my front teeth is a touch smaller then the other becuase of my jaw dropping on the top of his head in second grade in a wrestling match.

Our next door neighbor growing up would get his friends to come over and bet on us boxing each other and busting our nose and lips open. We thought it was fun. Do that today and they are in jail.

• Options
    Savage, I still like Honky.

Rythem and Blues, Baby

Dave
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the slight subject change, but did anyone catch Hulk Hogan's interview on The Howard Stern Show this week? Wow! lol
  • Options
    Jeff I read he was going on there. What did he have to say?
  • Options
    Here is the transcript

Most of the WOW stuff came from when they were talking about his ex-wife's new book and the things she talked about in the book.

Video Clip:

Howard TV

Audio Only: (language warning)

Full Interview (Part 1)

Full Interview (Part 2)
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the transcript >>

That has to be the worst transcript I've ever seen.

Hulk said...

Hulk said...

Howard said....

Hulk said...

Hulk said.....

It was like a third grader's English class paper.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    I agree, the audio is much better. image
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking Macho Man card...image

Good luck with the grade.

Thanks for the Hogan links...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    This is the one! I am so pumped about this card. I have bought close to 30 sets looking for one and this came from a lot of 24 cards for $3.

I will post scans when I get it in hand.
  • Options
    I have had my eye on a nice Randy Savage for a while. I came across this listing tonight on EBAY and pulled the trigger.

I normally pop the figures out of the packs for display but I need to see how these look when I get them. The packages are nicer then most of the figures I buy and the price looks good.

Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth LJN

Here is the scan of the card that started this thread. To this day it is one of my favorite cards.

• Options
    That OPC is SO CLEAN!

is it from vending?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>That OPC is SO CLEAN!

is it from vending? >>

Most likely. I bought a bunch of sets that were stated from vending. In total like 35. This as I said before came from a little lot of cards that was $3.

I met my mailman a few minutes after 9 at the Circle K up the street from my condo and got my signed Hogan's back from the American Icon signing and went to work with a handful of packages.

I opened this package in front of a few of my co workers and when I opened the little pack of cards in a plastic card bag I said OMG this one is a 10.

I drove the card home at lunch to get it in a card saver as fast as possible.

• Options
    NICE!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

"I drove the card home at lunch to get it in a card saver as fast as possible."

I found this comment to be hilarious because I've done the same thing before.
  • Options

Just popped these out today.