Home Sports Talk

Does anyone remember the poster "Felicia"??

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
The poster that once bragged about completing his 71 Topps set in 8s or better, and then was going to start a 52 Topps set "with the help of board members" and who created the "contest" to guess how much the set would cost him to put together...has turned out to be nothing but a massive scammer. While Scott was posting as "Felicia", it was difficult for me to remain silent, as I knew this person and actually visited his home in El Paso. My reasons for befriending him at the time and visiting his home are of no particular importance here, as everything then appeared fairly normal, although he was a bit of a mega A-type personality. I guess we now know why he sold everything and then just kinda dropped out. I truly feel sorry for his wife, who, I'm sure had not a remote clue.

Read on...this is "Felicia"...

An El Paso man has been indicted on charges he scammed $2 million out of at least 20 investors, some of them from San Antonio, in a Ponzi-like scheme.
Scott Yermish, 46, was arrested by the FBI in late July in El Paso, and remains behind bars while he awaits transfer to San Antonio.
Yermish initially was charged as Scott Lindemann, an alias he reportedly used to cover up a life of similar crimes, according to court records.
Yermish was sought in Maryland over a state theft conviction there. Records show he didn’t complete his probated sentence, and eventually settled and married a woman in El Paso who might not have known about his past. He also had served 15 months in federal prison for fraud and was released in 1994.
A federal indictment unsealed Thursday in San Antonio charges Yermish with seven counts of wire fraud. The indictment said that between September 2007 and July 18 — while in El Paso — Yermish posed as Scott Lindemann with Interactive Brokers, or IB, an investment brokerage company in Greenwich, Conn.
The indictment alleges he convinced investors to provide him with user identification name, password and security access card information in order to access money they had wired from their Texas banks to an IB account in New York.
He allegedly disguised his scheme, and induced more investor deposits, by producing bogus IB account statements that falsely showed substantial investment profits, some as high as millions of dollars.
In reality, the investors’ accounts had been closed by IB due to inadequate balances or inactivity. Yermish reportedly gave some investors money from others to keep the scheme going, according to records and interviews with victims.

Comments

• ppp
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Sigh.....

I joined the board after all the Felicia activity had died down, but man oh man did she/he remain a polarizing figure around these parts.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    In before the poof.

Good for you.
  • His name is Gary, and that's not funny

(sorry, Arrested Development was on last night)