Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The first 1979 Ozzie Newsome RC PSA-10 just showed up!!!

Who has it??????????
Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...

Comments

• DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Nope, not mine image

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I have 7 so that would be a heck of an upgrade for me. My guess is four sharp corners.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have 7 so that would be a heck of an upgrade for me. My guess is four sharp corners. >>

Very good guess!

Pete, it can be yours for the low low price of....
    5k / OBO
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    4SC wins again. Would love to see this card in person and see if it truly warrants the grade.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Anyone else think this looks a bit short top to bottom?
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Don't see the typical print defects that are usually present on this card. But again, hard to tell without a clear scan, even on the zoom.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

• << <i>Anyone else think this looks a bit short top to bottom? >>

Details, details....
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    What I dont understand is how a card like this doesnt get its own pic. Why group it
    with 3 other cards? I can understand with the volume they do doing that most of the
    time, but on big money cards, they need their own pic
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook

<< <i>Don't see the typical print defects that are usually present on this card. But again, hard to tell without a clear scan, even on the zoom.

Jason >>

I think this is the reason it pulled the 10. I have three 8's, and they all have a bunch of print problems.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have 7 so that would be a heck of an upgrade for me. My guess is four sharp corners. >>

Very good guess!

Pete, it can be yours for the low low price of....
    5k / OBO >>

LOL...I have a feeling there are a bunch of 9's that are gonna get re-subbed, and it would not surprise me if several more 10's show up over the next several months...no way they get 5K for that. In 5 more years, if it is still the only 10...then MAYBE they get close to 1/2 that...JMHO
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Anyone think the top right corner looks funny on the card? I may be new to the boards, but that corner looks a little off for a 10?
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>What I dont understand is how a card like this doesnt get its own pic. Why group it
    with 3 other cards? I can understand with the volume they do doing that most of the
    time, but on big money cards, they need their own pic >>

Because the person who throws down for that card-- whoever it is-- isn't going to care one bit what the actual card looks like.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a beauty of a card and it doesn't look short to me (T to B)
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Is the card for sale? Id be interested in buying it. Thanks, EO

<< <i>Because the person who throws down for that card-- whoever it is-- isn't going to care one bit what the actual card looks like. >>

Yep.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15

• << <i>Is the card for sale? Id be interested in buying it. Thanks, EO >>

Just gotta hit the button on the Ebay listing and its your Eric. It would look great with the other cards you recently purchased!

I also dont get why they dont give this its own listing instead of grouping it with 4 other cards. Kinda funny to be honest.

Pop 1, it was bound to happen, now open up the flood gates! image
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's a beauty of a card and it doesn't look short to me (T to B) >>

Agreed!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • what the heck is a fair price for this thing? I am a die hard browns fan and grew up watching sipe to newsome, but i am not a big collector of post 1975 sportscards. thanks
  • I offered $500, and was denied. Better bring your bank roll.
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    If a PSA 9 is selling for $125 on this card, a PSA 10 s/b no more than 3-4x's that amount.
    Just my opinion.

I know many will pay 20x's the PSA 9 price to own the only 10 (so far) of a card.
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    I've subbed a few of these looking for the jackpot. A couple years ago I thought a 10 would bring about $4k. Not sure how competitive it is at the top of the HOF RC sets but $5k for the first one seems like a realistic goal to me.

Someone mentioned earlier that people will be cracking and subbing their 9s if this one sells for $5k. I agree with that but I also think I haven't seen a 9 that looks this good. And I've been looking at 9s of this card for a very long time hunting for a high end, crackable example.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny to see sellers who think the football card market is anywhere near as strong now as it was when Jon was going strong. I could see this card going for $1,500 - $1,800 tops, which I still think is silly money.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Looks like it sold for $4,999 - wow.
  • This hobby never ceases to amaze me. Hats of to the buyer
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    The 1/1 1959 Jim Parker PSA 10 sold for $9,999.99 at the same time as well. Crazy money for two typical 4SC cards.

Robb
  • Wasnt me!
  • ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Me neither image

My 9 is just fine.
    Has it been determined who got this card?
    Well, who has it?...inquiring minds want to know.....
    Not a Newsome collector. Has to be a HOF guy.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Maybe they're too embarrassed to admit they overpaid for it.