Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
Options

Modern Postage Stamp Album

I was recently asked to find out any information on a stamp collection a friend acquired from an estate sale . The collection is not complete but does contain very many stamps from all over the world. The stamps are dated from the early 1940's. I don't know what information is necessary for someone to help me out with this. Please send me a form or any other necessary paper work, so that we can figure out the value of this collection. It is for sale to anyone interested. Thank You.
Barb Snowdin

Comments

• Options
    Your best move would be to go to the bookstore and buy a stamp value guide. Otherwise you would have to post pics and or info of every single stamp! Perhaps you could find a dealer that does free appraisals.
    When you find out the information you need, or you decide on a selling price, please let me know.

Thank You!

Geoff
    geoff@innernet.net
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. This is going to take some time. I did purchase a book and looked up some of the stamps. This is too much for me to take on. I will pass the job on to someone else. I know that there is someone out there that knows much more about this than I do. We are talking about a book with at least 500 pages, over half full of stamps. Not just US Stamps but other countries. Countries that are even countries anymore. etc. I will be in touch as soon as possible. Thanks Geoff!image
    Barb Snowdin
  • Options
    BJ,

There are three very important factors when evaluating postage stamps: condition, Condition, and CONDITIONimage
    If I had a nickel for every nickel I have, would I have twice as many nickels, or the same damned mess I started with?