Home Sports Talk
Options

The CC "opt out" prediction thread!

HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
99.7% change he's pitching for the Angels next year!

Comments

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Who cares, I'm just sick over the greed these guys have. What can more money than he has now possibly do for him and his family. If he is

supposed to be so happy in New York why does he not try a little loyalty on for size and stay where he is. He could not possibly spend all the

money the Yankees are paying him in his lifetime and I am not a Yankee fan. GREED! GREED! GREED!
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Why would he opt out? Won't the team he goes to have to pay him $23mil/yr?? If you want to be guaranteed a post season every year, you play with the Yankees.
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
    CC needs to drop 30 pounds at least. He crapped out at the end of the year. I know he's a big guy, but pushing 300 is not good (take it from someone who's much shorter and 20 pounds off of that mark).
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    CC was also supposedly happy in Cleveland and raved about the city, etc, etc.......if he leaves NY it doesn't surprise me......especially if it's for more money........
  • Options
    I'm saying it again. Phillies drop Ibanez and buyout Oswalt for 2 million and save 14 million. 26 million right there. CC's in a Phillies uniform next year...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Or the Red Sox could agree to let Theo go to the Cubs as long as they were willing to take Lackey with him and then the Red Sox could throw gobs and gobs of money at CC. So what if he's a little overweight? He'd fit right in with the rest of the beer-drinking out of shape starters in Boston.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    No opt-out for CC. He's staying in pinstripes.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Boo!
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    What's to predict? He's a Yankees shill & always will be.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    99.7% change he's pitching for the Angels next year!

Hope you bet your money on the 0.3%.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Looks like Cashman also got extended. Why does this guy still have a job? He's had a limitless budget for God-knows-how-long and he still can't field a team with more than two decent starting pitchers. The Godfather deal he gave Jeter is understandable, but the second A-Rod deal is starting to look terrible and the Tex deal is also beginning to look a bit like a millstone. It seems like you could hire any random dumbass and he'd do as good of a job as Cashman, yet the guy is constantly lauded as one of the best GMs in the game.