Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Has anyone else's Registry gone haywire?

My sets are being updated (unprompted by me) and showing less cards in the sets (though those cards are still in my overall inventory).

Happened a couple of days ago and again today. I was able to update the sets previously and correct the issue but not today.

WTH?
Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
saucywombat@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Looks like cards with qualifiers are missing. I am sure they will get it restored soon.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Mine was acting this way as well.

I removed my Qualifiers from the sets and re-added them and they posted to the set no problem.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    BY and large it appears the problmes are clearing up, but it really annoys me that PSA hasn't even posted a thing online to indicate that problems exist and that they are working on them - NOTHING.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    I agree bking. Not very good customer service, especially when you consider they remove posts that they deem inappropriate. It actually gives me the impression that it is 'all hands on deck' for what must be a hacker problem. There is probably no one monitoring the boards and they do not have time to post.
  • Options
    There was a computer glitch. My Larry Bird set was all messed up (went from #2 to having 0% completion). I couldn't upgrade my Lonborg set. E-mailed them. Gayle was very good at keeping me informed of what was happening. It appears to be fixed as all my sets are back.
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for starting this thread....I just checked a couple of my sets with qualifiers, and they are hosed up still. So PSA has not fixed everything.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    My sets are a mess. No rhyme or reason. Some are correct. Some hall full. Perhaps Gayle can post an update on the boards?
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Mine all went beserk on Thursday and I called Consetta at PSA.She told me that they were having technical issues.On Friday everything was back in order but today my 53 Bowman Color set dropped 10 cards again and it seems like its all the ones that had qualifiers.Hopefully I can find out more on monday unless they resolve this over the weekend which I highly doubt.

Tony
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    The issue right now seems to be qualifiers.

Maybe PSA is going to stop recognizing cards with qualifiers for sets? image

I will say this...my completion percentages on a few of my sets have suffered a little but my GPAs look better.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Same with mine. Any card with a qualifier is now gone. I am now #2 in a set that I have been #1 and complete for some time. Well, if this is a way to generate more business and to have us resubmit to fill the sets... well, I ain't playing.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    I have some sets with the problem you guys describe - all the cards with qualifiers are gone. However, I have other sets where the cards with qualifiers still show up. Frustrating.
  • Options
    After a more thorough look, I have a couple with them still, as well. I'm assuming this will all get straightened out at some point.
  • Options

<< <i>After a more thorough look, I have a couple with them still, as well. I'm assuming this will all get straightened out at some point. >>

Of course, all we can do is assume since PSA hasn't bothered to post ANYTHING about the problem. Very ticked about that.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Still down. Can someone head over to the Newport Beach Columbus Day parade and get these guys back to work?
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    posted on a different board. all my cards with qualifies are gone. Makes no sense. Will wait to see what is up--
  • Options

<< <i>posted on a different board. all my cards with qualifies are gone. Makes no sense. Will wait to see what is up-- >>

I waited through the weekend for them to fix it or at least acknowledge it to no avail. So, I took another poster's advice, deleted the Quals from my inventory, re-added them, and then added them back into my sets. It took all of those steps for it to work.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Sounds time-consuming and not a lot of fun, either. I think I will use this 'opportunity' to take a break from this stuff and save a few bucks.
  • Options
    Me too. I had some cards to send inb But since I can't use any cards with qualifiers, I won't take the chance of getting them graded. I'll just save my money.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Thanks "JustinsShoebox", that helped alot!
  • Options
    I e-mailed PSA and this is the answer I got :

"I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we experienced some website issues which caused the statistics (ranking, grade, completion, pop figures) for some sets to revert to 0 as well as not recognizing valid matches for existing or new sets. Our IT Department was aware of the problem and a fix was rolled out late Thursday night.

Please note that if you have cards with qualifiers not populating your set(s) please remove and re-add these items to your inventory and then add them back to your set(s). Once done, please review your sets and let me know if you see any further issues.

Thank you,

Cosetta Robbins"

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I don't feel like going through my entire inventory of cards so that I can reenter the qualifiers on the registry. What a PITA. I'd rather just not have an accurate set registry . . .
  • Options
    I agree. What a mess. And it's not just reenter the cards. First, you have to delete them from your inventory. Sounds like fun...
  • Options
    I went through and did that with mine last night. I only have 6-7 cards with qualifiers but most of them are listed in multiple sets.

Interestingly, after I deleted and then readded them to my inventory, my price, purchase date and seller info reappeared, along with my previously uploaded scans. That, at least, saved me some more time and effort that would've been needed to relist all of that stuff.
  • Options

<< <i> Interestingly, after I deleted and then readded them to my inventory, my price, purchase date and seller info reappeared, along with my previously uploaded scans. That, at least, saved me some more time and effort that would've been needed to relist all of that stuff. >>

When you delete cards, they go into "My sold registry", so they're not really gone. That's why when you add them again the info reappears.
    If you don't clean "My sold registry" you should be able to see all the cards you deleted.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    The fix . . . doesn't work.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I just added a card to my Heisman Trophy RC set and the set went to zero.
    I WOULD NOT ADD ANY CARDS TODAY!!!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    they have had these problems before with updates. the worst was when they lost most of my scans. i still havent updated all of them, which is a shame as i like looking at other collector's cards in there sets. even more so when you havent seen one before. overall its not that hard to update missing cards, just a PITA.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    The whole thing is incredibly frustrating. To see cards disappear from your sets turns a fun hobby into a frustrating chore. For PSA programmers that read the boards, keep it simple and try this: IF <card grade> = OC or PD or MC THEN delete = NO.
  • Options
    Yup. Try to add a card to a set, the whole set disappears and shows all zeros. I love it when it askes me if I want to delete my now empty set! Here's to hoping they fix it, or at least post something that gives the collector an idea of what might be going on... :-S
    Positive Transactions:
    Stooge
    jamesgotpoorman
    calaban7
    ddfamf
    theczar
    ShootyBabitt
    hoopguru33

Always looking for:

1960-present Topps Red Sox in PSA 9+
    Topps All-Star Rookies in PSA 9+
    Dennis Eckersley PSA 10's
  • Options
    I spent half the day yesterday deleting and entering every card I had with a quallifier.
    Now I'm going to have to do the same with a 72 card setimage
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Screw that. The way I see it, if PSA wants people to use the registry they won't make it extraordinarily difficult for them to do so. It's in PSA's best interests to fix this without putting the burden on its customers.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Smells like Beckett in here.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Josh Beckett? Why, yes... I do detect the aroma of Miller Lite and KFC. Anyone want to play some video games?
    Positive Transactions:
    Stooge
    jamesgotpoorman
    calaban7
    ddfamf
    theczar
    ShootyBabitt
    hoopguru33

Always looking for:

1960-present Topps Red Sox in PSA 9+
    Topps All-Star Rookies in PSA 9+
    Dennis Eckersley PSA 10's
  • Options
    Update: they fixed my heisman RC set - thanks.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I just went and clicked "ADD BEST AVAILABLE" and everything appears to have been added back the sets that I ran this on. No need to delete and reenter the cert #'s...
  • Options
    So far, this has worked for me as well. Thanks for posting this, Scott. You're more helpful than PSA...
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just went and clicked "ADD BEST AVAILABLE" and everything appears to have been added back the sets that I ran this on. No need to delete and reenter the cert #'s... >>

worked for me as well
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    I've added cards over the past week. Only a portion updated to my set. The ones that didn't.....show up in my inventory, but don't update to my set?????????????????????

1975 Topps Minis, 1964 Topps