Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Are these "Whitebacks"? New scans below!

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's a scan of four 1956 cards, the graded ones look more gray and the non graded are dark, but look like they might be the white back variation.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for any help,

Joe

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    They all look grey to me. The white backs that I have are definitely white, like the color of white-out. Of course the scans may be deceiving, but they just appear to be differing shades of grey.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Powdered, the white backs are very white. Of the 340 cards in the set ( the checklists are unnumbered), 1 to 180 can be found with either white or gray backs. It has been a long time since I put this set together but at one time there seemed to be a slight premium for gray backs through 100 and as slight premium for white backs from 101 to 180
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Here are some more scans done with scanner top open. They sure don't look gray to me, not very white though. I think they are whitebacks. Will PSA decide for themselves or will they grade them as requested?

Joe

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Here is what a white back looks like.

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Thanks for the scan Bob. That is a clean looking card with hardly any toning.

I have looked at 100 or so cards described as white backs on eBay and I am convinced that mine are indeed the white back version with a lot of "toning".

My cards are not gray at all, which is apparent with them in hand. They are very dark though. I hope PSA will grade them as white backs.

MANY cards on eBay advertised as white backs do not note that on the front of the "flip".

Thanks for the feedback. Have fun collecting!

Joe