Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT - RIP: Steve Jobs

How many of us have seen our daily lives change dramatically in a lot of ways over the last 20 years because of Apple?

RIP Mr. Jobs.

Comments

• Options
    Wow! May God Bless and thank you for your contribution to past, present, and the inspiration your legacy will have on future generations. RIP Steve Jobs image
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    My first Apple was an Apple IIC that I paid about $1200 for around Christmas 1984. It had an 8 bit, 2mhz processor with about 100K of RAM... Wow, how times have changed.

Jobs was a visionary and his leadership will leave Apple, and all of the rest of us, lacking "something" in the technology department...
  • Options
    pauldrolkeespauldrolkees Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

I am writing this with my macbook, we will truly miss you, Steve =.(

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    RIP , MR. Jobs, not only a great customer in my daily job, but enjoy many of the platforms being used today!image
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Truly one of the brilliant innovators of modern capitalism. RIP Mr. Jobs.

• Options
  • Options
    RIP He got me off PC for good.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Steve Jobs, for thinking different

Here's to the crazy ones
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    RIP

Message sent from iPhone
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    a sad day indeed.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    very sad...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    RIP Mr. Jobs. You helped make the world a better place.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Pirates Of Silicon Valley was an alright movie even though it sheds more light on the other guys character.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Born Feb. 24th, Steve Jobs, Honus Wagner and Eddie Murray.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am reading ant typing this post on my Apple MacBook Pro. When I bought it I was with my sister and she said "You want to spend that much on a laptop?" and I said....Ya its worth it, its an apple! Best damn purchase, and I couldn't be happier...Thanks Mr. Jobs....may you rest in peace.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip! Sad.
    Marketing will live on.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    It is ironic that I finally broke down and purchased my first Iphone a few hours before they announced he passed away.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    My father also passed away from pancreatic cancer. He was diagnosed in May, and doctors thought that he would be eligible for surgery (just like what Jobs had about 6 years ago). Turns out it had spread and he wasnt eligible.

Pancreatic cancer is a nasty, nasty disease. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. Even when surgery is a possibility (which it usually isnt), pancreatic cancer is never really "gone". It will always linger around and come back stronger in the end.

RIP Steve Jobs. Another life gone too soon due to this horrible disease. While I hate to take advantage of anyone's passing, I do hope this helps to spread the word about the lack of funding for pancreatic cancer research.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Steve.
  • Options
    Appl should donate 1 billion of their 97 billion cash hoard to a foundation that will fight this disease...

Surely that would help
  • Options
    Happy 60th birthday Steve!
  • Options
    I wonder if he had them freeze his body in an ichamber or something.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if he had them freeze his body in an ichamber or something. >>

If you saw any pictures of Jobs before he passed, I don't think that is a body he could come back to, just saying!!