Home Sports Talk
Options

Cowboys would be 4-0 if it wasn't for Romo the choker.

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, I have been a Cowboy fan since they started in 1960 and always will be! But I'm done with Romo. I have defended him for years, but enough is enough. Sure he threw for 331 yds and 3 TD's, but he completed 3 passes to the wrong guys and "HE" cost them the game. It's embarrassing to get beat by an inferior team and that's what the Lyon's are!

Anyway, Dallas will never win anything as long as Romo is QB. He is no Staubuch(sp) or Aikman(sp) or even Dandy Don or Danny White. He is a disgrace to the Cowboy organization and if I was the owner......he's gone!!!!

YOU CAN'T PLAY FOOTBALL WITH YOUR HANDS AROUND YOUR THROAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I have been a Cowboy fan since they started in 1960 and always will be! But I'm done with Romo. I have defended him for years, but enough is enough. Sure he threw for 331 yds and 3 TD's, but he completed 3 passes to the wrong guys and "HE" cost them the game. It's embarrassing to get beat by an inferior team and that's what the Lyon's are!

Anyway, Dallas will never win anything as long as Romo is QB. He is no Staubuch(sp) or Aikman(sp) or even Dandy Don or Danny White. He is a disgrace to the Cowboy organization and if I was the owner......he's gone!!!!

YOU CAN'T PLAY FOOTBALL WITH YOUR HANDS AROUND YOUR THROAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

The coaching staff needs to keep the booze away from Romo at half time when the Cowboys have a lead b/c his decision making goes down the drain in the second half.lol

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    It's 'Lions'. But thanks for playing.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    1) The Lions aren't just a better team, they are a much better team.

2) Of the 2 interceptions returned for TD's in the second half, only one of them was Romo's fault. Did you watch the game?

3) Romo almost singlehandedly dominated the game in the first half- He's the reason the Cowboys were in a position to win.

4) When you have a big lead in the 2nd half of an NFL game, you RUN the football. This is clock management 101. You have to blame the Cowboys coaching staff for using the playbook like the Cowboys were down by 21 points. RUN the ball....
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>1) The Lions aren't just a better team, they are a much better team.

2) Of the 2 interceptions returned for TD's in the second half, only one of them was Romo's fault. Did you watch the game?

3) Romo almost singlehandedly dominated the game in the first half- He's the reason the Cowboys were in a position to win.

4) When you have a big lead in the 2nd half of an NFL game, you RUN the football. This is clock management 101. You have to blame the Cowboys coaching staff for using the playbook like the Cowboys were down by 21 points. RUN the ball.... >>

All 3 of those could/should have been avoided but the one on the slant was on the receiver as well.

title.
  • Options
    >>>The Lions aren't just a better team, they are a much better team. <<<

image You got to be kidding!!!image
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I think we should blame Romo for everything, including the ten years of no playoff wins for the Cowboys before he became the starter. Clearly he is to blame. I am blaming him for Jethro Pugh allowing Bart Starr to score in the Ice Bowl. I am blaming him for Jackie Smith dropping the touchdown pass in the Super Bowl against the Steelers. He should have blocked Jim O'Brien's field goal in Super Bowl V. They should cut him right away and bring back Drew Bledsoe. Without Romo, clearly the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl every year and probably be undefeated every season.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Powderguy - this is too stupid to respond to but I will any way.

First - It's a fact that without the 3 pics of Romo we win big over the Lions. FACT!

The other crap is too stupid to respond to.

He cost Dallas the Jets game and he cost Dallas this game! Pure and simple!
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Romo is and always has been ALL HYPE. Aikman/Emmitt made the Cowboys and thrust them in the spotlight. Romo was just the schmo who took over for "America's Team" or whatever they're known as.... Come on! Win a game with 6 field goals and no TDs??? And if the Lions are so lousy, why are THEY the 4-0 team? Luck?? Good teams capitalize off their opposition's weaknesses.....
  • Options
    Ha ha!!! YOU lost to the LIONS!
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    I'm glad we have all of the facts here. Here's some more facts...

FACT: Dallas scored 30 points against Detroit, none of which were defensive touchdowns. Romo led those drives.

FACT: Aside from the last few minutes of the game, Romo played extremely well against the Jets.

FACT: Romo led a great comeback that helped Dallas beat a 49ers team that hasn't lost a single game otherwise.

FACT: Romo led the Cowboys from behind in the 4th quarter to beat the Redskins.

Now, this leaves me to believe this: Romo is similar to Brett Favre. When he is good, he is great. When he is bad, he is horrible.

He's not the best qb in football, but I guarantee you that at least a third of the teams in the league (and maybe more) would snatch Romo up in a heartbeat if Dallas let him go. Dallas is currently 2-2, having played four very tough teams. You lost to an undefeated Lions team and beat two teams that are undefeated otherwise. 2-2 is not so bad. Your season is not over. Sorry that I don't have your 'expert' view of things, Dimebag.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>YOU CAN'T PLAY FOOTBALL WITH YOUR HANDS AROUND YOUR THROAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looked like you could use a few more.
  • Options
    OK Powderbutt (since you want to name call) Here are some more facts.

1) The positive things you mentioned about Romo are things he is supposed to do as an NFL qb. That's what he gets paid for!

2) The mistakes he made in game 1 allowed the Jets to come back and win a game that the Cowboys had in the bag if not for ROMO.

3) I don't care that the Lions are 4-0......Dallas outplayed them and again if not for Romo's stupid decision making process in the last half we would have won the game easely. The Lions are NOT that good. We (Romo) gave them the game.

4) Sure Romo puts up the yards and TD's (he ought to with the recievers he has) but his decision making abilities late in the game are worse than bad. He flat out loses games because of this. If he doesn't learn when to throw the ball away and not force plays where there is no play Dallas will be lucky to end up 8-8. You just can't win with a qb like Romo the way he is now.

5) If you can't see and understand 1 thru 4......you just don't squat about football!!! image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Tony Romo is proof that 15 minutes of stink can overpower 45 minutes of glory when the 15 minutes come at the very end.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>(since you want to name call) >>

For those of you who aren't keeping score at home:

DIMEMAN - 2 names called ("Powderguy" and "Powderbutt")
    PowderedH2O - 1 name called ("Dimebag")

Carry on.

• Options
    Powderguy doesn't count as name calling. I just couldn't remember the correct full name.

The score is 1 to 1 and my last. I can't deal with people like this guy.

He can find someone else to argue with!image
  • Options
    Dimeman,

With all due respect, you seem like the type of guy that would chastise a player who had three grand slams, but then struck out in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded with two outs and down 13-12.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    Saberman - I have been making excuses for Romo for several years now. I was in denial.

Like I said earlier is this thread, the good things he does are what he is supposed to do. If you saw game 1 and 4 you have to see that his poor play and turnovers cost his team both games. It's not at all the same as hitting 3 homers and then striking out to end the game. Very bad analogy. There is nobody who would like to see him improve than me. But I have to accept the fact that until he is able to lead his team in the second half and not give the ball away and lose games he will continue to be a loser. There are probably 15 QB's that are better than Romo in this area.......maybe more!
  • Options
    There are 15 QB's better than Romo. True. There are 32 teams. Romo is about in the middle. You could do better. You could do a LOT worse.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With all due respect, you seem like the type of guy that would chastise a player who had three grand slams, but then struck out in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded with two outs and down 13-12. >>

You would be right if we were talking about a sample size of 1-2 games. But Romo has done this pretty consistently in his career.
  • Options
    He probably just isn't as good as people thought he would be.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason Garrett had one heck of a game filling in as QB on Thanksgiving day some years back..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does Romo compare, in your opinion, to Craig Morton?
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>How does Romo compare, in your opinion, to Craig Morton? >>

Lots of similarities; I hadn't really thought about it.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    It's hard to compare QB's from back then to now. The old guys threw rainbows these new guys (most) can throw a rope down field.

The only thing you could compare them on would be decision making. I don't really remember how good or bad Morton was on that.

If I had to guess Romo is probably better than Morton was, but that isn't saying much.

Edited to add that after Morton went to Denver the Cowboys hung an "L" on him in a SB!image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimeman.

I remember the 1978 Superbowl like it was yesterday. I was a senior in college and lost a $20.00 bet on the game. 33 years later and I still get upset at me losing the bet. I could still use that $20.00image

In making the bet I had this crazy idea that the Broncos were good enough to beat the Cowboys. But like all long suffering Denver fans across the state of Colorado, I was caught up in "Orange Crush" fever and the M&M (Craig Morton to Haven Moses) connection.

The postgame the Dallas lockeroom interviews had plenty of Dallas players celebrating by crushing empty cans of Orange Crush soda and mocking Denver. For a 22 year old die hard Denver fan that was very hard to watch.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dimeman.

I remember the 1978 Superbowl like it was yesterday. I was a senior in college and lost a $20.00 bet on the game. 33 years later and I still get upset at me losing the bet. I could still use that $20.00image

In making the bet I had this crazy idea that the Broncos were good enough to beat the Cowboys. But like all long suffering Denver fans across the state of Colorado, I was caught up in "Orange Crush" fever and the M&M (Craig Morton to Haven Moses) connection.

The postgame the Dallas lockeroom interviews had plenty of Dallas players celebrating by crushing empty cans of Orange Crush soda and mocking Denver. For a 22 year old die hard Denver fan that was very hard to watch. >>

As a young Cowboys fan, I still remember the headline of the New York Times sport's page the next day. "Orange Crush Turns To Mush"

• Options
    I remember SB 12 also. I remember Randy White and Harvey Martin getting all over Morton.

And for some reason I remember a diving TD catch by Butch Johnson.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....fond memories.image
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>>>>The Lions aren't just a better team, they are a much better team. <<<

image You got to be kidding!!!image >>

?? No, actually I was quite serious. Maybe we should poll the board to see who is better?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Romo is a better fantasy football QB than NFL QB.
  • Options
    Romo really has got to quit choking these games away for the Cowboys...
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Romo really has got to quit choking these games away for the Cowboys... >>

Little quick on the trigger there sport???
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Tongue in cheek.. AFTER the Cowboys win SPORTO.
  • Options
    Impressive win today against a formidable Redskins team..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I thought it was poor...barely beating a team that has lost it's last 5 games....now 6.

But the Skins and Cowboys always play hard against each other no matter how good or bad either of them are.
  • Options
    I'm guessing the old tongue-in-cheek thing escaped you, Dimeman...image

• Options
    I guess I missed that. image But what is up with all the announcers and the ESPN guys saying the Cowboys could represent the NFC in the SB. Wait til we beat the Eagles and Giants and then there is that pesky cheese team up north. And even if the Cowboys would win the east, which they could, and made to the NFC cham. game, it would be in GB and by then it will be nasty weather.

A lot has to happen before I have to worry about that. image

I will say this about ROMO.....he can be real good, but I still worry about the bad choices he has been known to make and throw away games. He hasn't done it lately, but he still has to prove to me and the rest of the football world that he won't do it again!image
  • Options

<< <i>I guess I missed that. image But what is up with all the announcers and the ESPN guys saying the Cowboys could represent the NFC in the SB. Wait til we beat the Eagles and Giants and then there is that pesky cheese team up north. And even if the Cowboys would win the east, which they could, and made to the NFC cham. game, it would be in GB and by then it will be nasty weather.

A lot has to happen before I have to worry about that. image

I will say this about ROMO.....he can be real good, but I still worry about the bad choices he has been known to make and throw away games. He hasn't done it lately, but he still has to prove to me and the rest of the football world that he won't do it again!image >>

An occasional bad game is fine, but not when he does it over the course of 2-3 games.

title.
  • Options
    >>>An occasional bad game is fine, but not when he does it over the course of 2-3 games<<<

A game like the the Detroit game is UNEXCUSEABLE! ONE more of those and he would be GONE!!!!
  • Options
    No one is beating GB in the NFC.

• Options
    >>>No one is beating GB in the NFC. <<<

Probably not, but they will still make them play the games.image