Home Precious Metals
Options

***OCTOBER 2011 Gold and Silver Stocks/Options/Futures trading thread***

13»

Comments

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Japan has an very large export surplus to support the economy.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    A high YEN would make Japanese good less competitive with foreign exporters such as the US and the EU.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to the above 3 posts.

I reentered YEN short on Thurs. After this move a few hours ago the YEN is now down about 4%.

Japan Intervenes on Yen .

Also still short Euro and long SQQQ and SDS.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sold the weekly calls on SDS. I mostly expect a sideways market this week so will grab some premium.

Staying with YEN short. Maybe they can push down to the 200dma and Aug low. The broken rising wedge pattern and bull trap breakout last week should be enough to keep the YEN bulls on the defensive.

Death Cross on silver?

Im not as bullish on equities as PC. I see earnings as only lukewarm. Yes, many companies beat, but companies are guiding analysts to the low side of expections. You dont want to miss in this market. Forward guidance was tak sobie. I dont know where "increasing" growth will come from to push earnings higher. Multiples should compress. Oil is in backwardation and the possibility of $4 gasoline for holiday shopping will not help the retailers. Also heating oil is 90c/gal higher this year than last.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear