Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Best way to self "cut" box bottoms?

obviously having top notch equipment to do the job would be ideal, but thats not a option for myself.

i was wondering if anyone had any tips or "how to"'s to share when it comes to cutting for submission.

i picked up a bunch of Brett's and would like any help you could provide

Thanks,
Eric
ThoseBackPages
Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Eric,

I have had the best luck using a steel ruler and a new sharp x-acto knife. There are many blade types that usually come in the package, so you might want to practice with the different blades. JMO

James
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Use the rotatrimmer at your local Kinko's. You'll get a fine cut, it's easier than anything you'd cook up at home, and you don't have to buy any equipment.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Use the rotatrimmer at your local Kinko's. You'll get a fine cut, it's easier than anything you'd cook up at home, and you don't have to buy any equipment. >>

Agreed but test it first to make sure the blades are sharp. You should be able to find them in high quality photo print stores and I've even used the rototrimmer in my local Costco's photo department.