Home Sports Talk

ALDS Yanks Tigers Compromised?

By choosing to ignore some of the more extreme weather forecasts at the time and starting this game, then having to postpone it, I can't help feeling that MLB has unwittingly compromised the quality and integrity of this series. Yes, it is true that both teams have the same disadvantage now, but that logic belies the fact that a disadvantage has nonetheless been dealt to these two competitors. They just aren't getting to put their best players in the optimum order out on the field, and the rest day is gone as well. We'll now never know how they would have competed otherwise. This is not to assess blame (though if a finger has to be pointed, I suppose MLB is the culprit) as much as it is to say this unfortunate development sux bigtime. However it shakes out, the optimum versions of these teams did not get to clash; what the fans will see is a lesser version. In terms of starters, it's all TBA vs TBA now, which is just so lame. It's just a mess and kind of casts a shadow over the whole proceedings.

Comments

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Blame TV dollars.

Oh and then blame the weather.

;-)
    Good for you.
  • MLB/TBS knew it was going to rain, but they got their ratings nevertheless. Yanks get to double dip on their concessions.... TBS gets to double dip on ratings.... Now the ace matchup is gone, so I guess it's even------ All but the 3 wasted outs the Tigers had. The umpires knew they were going to stop the game. I just wish they would have stopped the game when they made the decision instead of wasting Tiger atbats, and yes, risking CC falling on his 300# behind..... irresponsible! Now the dream match up is reduced to 5th starters. What ever happens, no team will fare as lousy as the Rangers did!!!!