Home Precious Metals
Options

$16 Trillion in bailouts

has this been discussed yet?

The Federal Reserve Made $16 Trillion In Secret Loans To Their Bankster Friends

it's not just that site, search '16 trillion bailouts' and it's around..

fascinating

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Federal Reserve does not need to be regulated. It needs to be eliminated entirely.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Nothing more than a drug pusher at the taxpayer expense. Open theft of the U.S. Treasury with the excuse that they can solve our economic decline. The motives have nothing to do with fixing the economy. They have all failed. They may have delayed the inevitable but not for long. Wealth accumulation in 1995 of the top 5% was $8 Trillion. Today it is $40 Trillion. You can blame the fed for providing easy money to their their bankster friends. This benefits the wealthiest at the expense of the common man. Unfortunately Congress is blinded by their constant need for campaign contributions. Campaign Refinance Reform must be a top priority or else we are doomed as a nation.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Dr. Paul was right.......again.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Our political leaders are turning their head to this fraud, and thus strong delusion could come and find them doing
    things even more unthinkable. A potential doomsday scenario is unfolding that perhaps we can see, but they can not.
    I have never felt more confident about my gold holdings.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like Dr. Paul was right.......again. >>

Yup, every timeimage
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that $16 TRILL figure was brought up a few times in the past couple of weeks following that report. The beauty of the banksters debt money system is that it has bypassed congress for the past 10 yrs while they all leveraged up 30X to 50X on their bets. When the crash first came in 2007-2008 Sinclair readily tossed out the figure of $15 TRILL or so to cover the impending carnage. Recall that CDS derivatives were unwound from $62 TRILL notional down to $30 TRILL or so. And MBS derivatives were unwound by some $5-$10 TRILL. It wasn't like those were all break-even propostions. Lehman lost 91% of their derivative's book when they went under. It was probably valued by them at closer to 100% right before they tanked. So in unwinding those $35-$40 TRILL in bets, it's not unreasonable to assume that 20-40% were losses. Then you have to factor in the derivatives paid out around the world that didn't show up on the semi-annual BIS reports. It was Sen. Bernie Sanders (VT) who helped to slip that audit the FED requirement into Dodd-Frank. Thank you Bernie! Without it, we'd be still guessing on the extent of bail money handed out. The sheeple don't seem to care. They get excited when M2 increases by 10% yoy (<$1 TRILL) but don't care about $16 TRILL created w/o congressional approval. This is why tracking gold's movements solely by CPI or money aggregates (M0, M1, M2, MZM, M3) has holes in it. Gold is tracking debt or debt money system not CPI, unemployment, M2, GDP, etc. Madoff's $65 Billion scam pales in comparison to the crime of the century that the FED has been pulling off. If only the same effort hunting down Madoff's accomplices and those clients hurt was spent on tracking and nailing down the banksters we'd be nearly done by now in turning this around.

Now that a whopping 5% of all otc derivatives have been unwound over the past 3 years (but another fresh $50-$100 TRILL were added since)...what about the losses still to come on the other 95%, most of which are interest rate contracts?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    The truth is that the Federal Reserve is about as “federal” as Federal Express is.

the Federal Reserve has even admitted that it is not an agency of the federal government in court….

In defending itself against a Bloomberg request for information under the Freedom of Information Act, the Federal Reserve objected by declaring that it was “not an agency” of the U.S. government and therefore it was not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

Basically, an unaccountable private monopoly creates our money, sets our interest rates, regulates our banking system and makes secret loans to whoever they want.

The Federal Reserve has more power over our economy than any other institution and nobody can overrule any decisions that they make.

Does that sound very “American” to you?

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all dont believe everything you read on the internet.

Second, all that $16 trillion sure did produce a lot of inflation!!! Not.

Whats it gonna take to sink the dollar? $50 trillion, 100 trillion? 1 quadrillion?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

<< <i>First of all dont believe everything you read on the internet. >>

<< <i>You can read a copy of the GAO investigation for yourself right here. >>

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Federal Reserve does not need to be regulated. It needs to be eliminated entirely.

bobimage >>

amen to that
  • Options

<< <i>First of all dont believe everything you read on the internet.

Second, all that $16 trillion sure did produce a lot of inflation!!! Not.

Whats it gonna take to sink the dollar? $50 trillion, 100 trillion? 1 quadrillion? >>

Are you part of the Federal Reserve CUS (cover up squad)? image
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The truth is that the Federal Reserve is about as “federal” as Federal Express is.

Too bad for us the the Federal Reserve isn't run like FedEx.
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    << The truth is that the Federal Reserve is about as “federal” as Federal Express is.

i saw Zeitgeist too image
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>First of all dont believe everything you read on the internet. >>

<< <i>You can read a copy of the GAO investigation for yourself right here. >>

>>

Like I said.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Whats it gonna take to sink the dollar? $50 trillion,... >>

This first one is closest to correct.

And we're a decade way from that - at least.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's easier to say what it is not, than what it is", G. Edward Griffin.
    It's not Federal, there are no reserves.
    It's not regulated and answers to no one.
    It's not baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet.
    It does have the appearance of a Government bank owned by the people.
    We all know it is not. So how does this cartel keep this going for nearly 100 years?

Griffin
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirby discusses GAO report

Rob Kirby disagrees with the $16 TRILL figure and comes up with something more like $3 TRILL. His comment about Morgan Stanley
    at the end of the article is listed below. So if the unwinding of that first 5% cost everyone $3 TRILLION, then the whole pile would cost $60 TRILL.
    Still not peanuts. The asset inflation seen from 3/2009 to summer 2011 could have easily been pushed by a Trillion or two of bailout money
    looking for a temporary home. The winners get paid off, but they still have to do something with their winnings.

So how is it that Morgan Stanley – a BANK HOLDING COMPANY with a 31 billion dollar market cap – grew their derivatives book by 14 TRILLION in notional over the latest 6 month reporting period Dec. 31, 2010 – June 31, 2011 – and the Fed says NOTHING? The instruments which Morgan Stanley “piled on” require 2-way-credit –checks” meaning counterparties need to have credit for each other before these trades can be consummated. ...that's 450X leverage to market cap just on the markup. Whatever happened to the old 50-1?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there are 300,000,000 people in the US, I sure didn't see any of my $53,333.33 "share" of the $16,000,000,000.

How many taxpayers are we down to now? About 50,000,000? In that case, I didn't see any of my $320,000.00 "share".

Share the wealth. Who thought that one up?

Like I said before, why not "share the work"? Most of them have never worked.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.