Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is this is a Lincoln DMM

HEre it is

Thanks

Cliff
RACC
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Comments

• what year is it?
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what year is it? >>

1952, I think ?
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a RPM to me.
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    start here
    didn't see any the first time around that matched yours, but i went kinda quick

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gut says die cracks at the MM. They were using pretty deteriorated dies by this point, as witnessed by all the BIEs, broken/filled dates, MMs, skull cracks, etc.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • It's a rpm, not sure which one though.
  • Looks like PMD and not a RPM
  • 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    I would lean towards that being post mint damage.

At least we can tell what year the coin is this timeimage The mint used that style 5 only in 1952.
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not seeing an RPM there.
    Even if it was an RPM it has been obliterated by the PMD.
    This one should go back into the bag.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Thanks everyone

Most of the fun for me with coins is not buying or trading the MS 65 three legged buff for the MS 66 three legged buff it is getting twenty rolls of pennies from the bank and maybe scoring a single not worth anything except to me 1952 D DMM. Now I think this is a DMM but I also agree the PMD has all but made it indeterminable. I also appreciate the other voices adding their input into the conversation. So yes it will go back into the back with the hope that the next one I pull out will be a 55 double Die image

Thanks

Cliff
    RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the spirit Cliff. Keep up the searching.

Hey here is a 55 DDO I pulled out of a bag search.
    This one is the much rarer 1955 DDO-2, FS-021.9
    The biggie DDO-1 is believed to be available in quantities ranging from 8,000 to 16,000, URS-15
    The 55 DDO-02 on the other hand is believed to be an URS-7 variety, or only 33 to 64 known examples (a R5--R5+ rarity).

Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file