Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Value on 1962 Hall of Fame Luncheon Jackie Robinson Press Pin?

Is this press pin in any of the guides? I have only seen a few pop up over the years. One has been on eBay for a long time with an outrageous BIN price ($1700). I already had one, and was able to pick up another one for relatively (I think) cheap, since the seller mistakenly thought it was a pin made in the 70's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looks like this:

-Jason

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure on value, but nice looking pin.

Dave
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    may be best to show this on the Net 54 Boards.....

neat

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you already saw it, but here's one that sold for $500.
    link
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    are there any identifiers that denote this was from that particular luncheon? have you ever seen similar pins that depict the other players inducted that year?

maybe it's me, but it looks too new/detailed to be from the early 1960's......
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>are there any identifiers that denote this was from that particular luncheon? have you ever seen similar pins that depict the other players inducted that year?

maybe it's me, but it looks too new/detailed to be from the early 1960's...... >>

If you look at the link above to that auction from 2007, both of mine look exactly like that one. Except mine are in much better condition with no tarnishing. The first I one I bought (which is the one I have in the picture) I bought for $400 and it came in the original blue cardboard box, which could explain why it was in such good condition. The one I just bought does not have the original box, but both have exactly the same clasp on the back (this is something I never knew for sure was original, but since these both have the same one, I am confident now that they have the original clasp)

It is my understanding from what I have read about this pin over the years, is that this was a luncheon only for Robinson. I think it was celebrating him being elected (it lists the date of election, not induction), and not the actual induction. I think the Luncheon took place in NY City, not Cooperstown.

Do you think this would be a good item to put into one of the big auctions? I have only ever sold things on eBay, but it seems like this needs more of a specialized audience.

-Jason
  • Options
    Any more input before this gets buried?

-Jason