Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Would you ask the seller for a return if...?

Over the course of the last year I've had a lot of business with L & C Coins and have had NO problems with them at all. They are class act, and would recommend them. However, I am a little upset tonight because I got my two coins I won this last weekend and they are two MS 69 Modern Commemoratives and on one, the reverse sides case is really scuffed up, and on the more expensive one '98-S Attucks looks like is has scuffs all over the coin, and the coin itself looks pretty bad. How it got an MS 69 is beyond me. I have a 68 that looks 100x better than this one.

Would you ask for a return?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure they will make it good. I have done a ton of business with them and will do more!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Not for both. I would never consider returning a coin simply because the slab looked bad.

As for the one you think is misgraded, possibly.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it isn't the right coin, why not let your dealer know ?
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Are they scuffs or die polish lines or something else? Hard to imagine a scuffed up modern getting graded MS69. In any case if you hate it tell the seller and see what they say.
    Ed
  • Options
    howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭
    L&C is a class act, and I'm sure they want you to be happy. I've used them many times. Having said, I'd never return a coin for a scratched slab.
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Jeff, bring me the slab and if the scratches arn't too bad I will get the scratches out for ya and show ya how to do it.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file