Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Would you ask the seller for a return if...?

Over the course of the last year I've had a lot of business with L & C Coins and have had NO problems with them at all. They are class act, and would recommend them. However, I am a little upset tonight because I got my two coins I won this last weekend and they are two MS 69 Modern Commemoratives and on one, the reverse sides case is really scuffed up, and on the more expensive one '98-S Attucks looks like is has scuffs all over the coin. How it got an MS 69 is beyond me. I have a 68 that looks 100x better than this one.

Would you ask for a return?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I have always had good transactions with Lee Crane and L&C Coins. I believe he has a return policy, and it should be listed on your item's Ebay page. Would I return a coin that I don't like? Absolutely! Coins that you don't like are bothersome and just do not fit into your collection. You won't be happy until you return the coin/coins. The return process will be well worth it.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt I would return anything that you are not completely satisfied with! That's a tough lesson to learn but over the years you will find that if you don't like something immediately upon receipt, you typically won't like it ever!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • Options
    YES
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By all means,exercise your right.
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely I would return it, speaking as a collector. Speaking as a dealer, I would rather retain a happy customer than make a sale my customer didn't like.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

<< <i>Over the course of the last year I've had a lot of business with L & C Coins and have had NO problems with them at all. They are class act, and would recommend them. However, I am a little upset tonight because I got my two coins I won this last weekend and they are two MS 69 Modern Commemoratives and on one, the reverse sides case is really scuffed up, and on the more expensive one '98-S Attucks looks like is has scuffs all over the coin. How it got an MS 69 is beyond me. I have a 68 that looks 100x better than this one.

Would you ask for a return?

Thanks,
    Jeff >>

L&C Coins is a stand up Collector's friend. If you are not happy, have you contacted them yet about it? I have an idea that they would be more then happy to exchange the item for you, chances are that they have more then one example in the same grade. I would wager that they like having "repeat business" and probably will bend over backwards to keep thier customers happy.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    An inquiring mind would like to know the outcome of your post?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    return it.
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely! Don't like it now, will like it less later.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.