Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

October Specials?

Early preview perhaps?

Comments

• Mortgage rates where at a 40 year low today I believe. I think it was 4.1%.

How about $4.10 a card?

Edit: Also, please double it for packs, and triple it for Auto's.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Please, please give me a special that lets me finally submit my 1955's!!
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • I would love a regrading special... half price....
    Paul

• << <i>Please, please give me a special that lets me finally submit my 1955's!! >>

+1
  • It would be nice to get a heads up on what they are before the weekend...

• << <i>Mortgage rates where at a 40 year low today I believe. I think it was 4.1%.

How about $4.10 a card?

Edit: Also, please double it for packs, and triple it for Auto's. >>

Ding! Ding! we have a winner! (I wish!)

if we can't have $4.10 a card, how about German Beer $4.10 a quart at Joe's house?
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Has anyone called and asked?

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yes. still unclear.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Yeah, I'd like a good special including non sport so I can sub some awesome stuff I want to add to my set. Make it happen people!
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Need some love for the pre-56 cards in October please.
  • For a while Carol was posting the specials on here a day or so early, especially if the 1st fell on a weekend but I don't think she has done that the past couple months...
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>How about $4/card for the fall fanatics?

They can call it the "Four For Fall Fans" Special image >>

I support this post!!!
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    October Grading Specials!

T-Card Special: Any tobacco card - $8/card
    ($500 max. value, no minimum, 20-day turnaround time)

HOF Special (post-1948): Any card - any sport, $10/card
    ($500 max. value, no minimum, 10-day turnaround time)

1970-present Special: Any card, any sport - $5/card
    ($250 max. value, no minimum, 20-day turnaround time)

* All specials begin October 1, 2011 and expire October 31, 2011. Specials do not include oversized cards, cabinets, or cards requiring custom-cut inserts.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    They are, and I don't see the point in posting that.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Will they post the new specials on the weekend or will we have to wait until monday?
  • Looks like it'll be Monday now before we knowimage
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about something for us Red Sox fans that gets our hopes up, slowly strangles them, gets them back up at the last minute, and then dashes them in an unimaginable way? It should involve the 185 grader, of course.
    Mike
    Bosox1976

<< <i>How about something for us Red Sox fans that gets our hopes up, slowly strangles them, gets them back up at the last minute, and then dashes them in an unimaginable way? It should involve the 185 grader, of course. >>

This just in - all John Lackey cards graded for $5.26 - his ERA in Bahston
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How about something for us Red Sox fans that gets our hopes up, slowly strangles them, gets them back up at the last minute, and then dashes them in an unimaginable way? It should involve the 185 grader, of course. >>

The Red Sox/Braves special is you give PSA the grading fees and the PSA grader gives you a kick in the junk in return. Just a 4 day turnaround though.

I can say this because a buddy and I bought our Braves playoff tickets a month ago when it was a mortal lock.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    PSA's Boston special....you send PSA 9 cards on September 2nd and they lose them all by September 28th.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ah well, if we're gonna play it that way, then let's have a Arizona vs. Milwaukee playoff Special.....

RETRACTABLE HOLDERS!!!! image
  • yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    This is fun! The Yankees special is that you can send in a VG card and buy somebody else's PSA 10.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    PSA will not encapsulate Red Sox or Braves cards. In lieu, they will be returned in FOLDERS.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    All Robert Andino and Dan Johnson cards will be graded for $3 apiece.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>PSA's Boston special....you send PSA 9 cards on September 2nd and they lose them all by September 28th. >>

This is my favorite
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Any updates today?

<< <i>Any updates today? >>

Not yet.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

They are up now. And those holding on the pre-1955 should finally be able to breathe.

PSA Collectors Club Specials
    Collectors Club Special #1
    $5.00 per Card - 50 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For Sports & Non-Sports Cards – 1956 thru Present - Valued Under $100 each – Turnaround 45 Business Days (approx.)
    •For Cards Valued Under $100 Each
    •For Gold & Platinum Members
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 45 Business Days
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 10/1/2011 - 10/31/2011!

Collectors Club Special #2:
    $5.50 per Card – 50 Minimum Quantity Required
    For Sports & Non-Sports Cards 1933 thru 1955 - Valued Under $100 each – Turnaround 45 Business Days (approx.)
    •For Cards Valued Under $100 Each
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 45 Business Days

Collectors Club Special #3:
    $8 per Card - 20 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For Sports & Non-Sports – All Years - Valued Under $250 each – Turnaround 10 Business Days (approx.)
    •For Cards Valued Under $250 Each
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 10 Business Days
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 10/1/2011 - 10/31/2011

PSA Set RegistrySM Grading Special
    Sports & Non-Sports - $14 per card – No Minimum Quantity Required – 5 Business Days (approx.)
    •For Cards Valued Under $500 Each
    •Turnaround Time Varies with Demand (approx 5 business days)
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 10/1/2011 and 11/30/2011!

PSA/DNA Special(Extended)
    PSA/DNA Autographed 8x10 Photo Grading & Encapsulation Special

•50% Off Autograph Grading With Authentication Fee of $200 or Less
    •No Minimum Quantity Required
    •No Membership Required!
    •Turnaround Time Varies with Demand

----------------------
    ----------------------

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    That'll work! image
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I guess this is as good as it will ever get before the holidays. I am going to have to send in a sub under this months special...
  • leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Yep, I'll renew on these specials.
  • So I've got 20 1955's, 4 1954's, and 30 1956's that have been waiting 3 months for a good special. Please tell me how do I get to a 50 card minimum since they split 55's and 56's into two different specials.

Am I screwed ?
    1955 Topps is done!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Am I screwed ? >>

Yes... unless you buy more pre-'56s. image

• << <i>

<< <i>Am I screwed ? >>

Yes... unless you buy more pre-'56s. image >>

Then wouldnt it be in PSA's best interest for the $5.50 special to read "1933 or later". Why cut if off at 1955? If I want to pay $5.50 per card for 1956 and later, shouldn't they be happy for me to do that?
    1955 Topps is done!

<< <i>So I've got 20 1955's, 4 1954's, and 30 1956's that have been waiting 3 months for a good special. Please tell me how do I get to a 50 card minimum since they split 55's and 56's into two different specials.

Am I screwed ? >>

Well yes, but the good news is you're only paying $2.50 a card to get screwed. image

Seriously, I guess you can sub them all at the $8 "special", or sub the 55's and 54's at the $8 rate and do something else to sub the 56's.

Tough break either way though.

EDIT: sounds like an opportunity for someone to organize a pre-56 group sub/piggyback.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------