Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Has anyone here had a complete 1960's Baseball set graded ?

Does PSA give you a break if you have the whole set graded?
And is it worth it?

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    PSA gives you free vouchers when you complete 90% of any set. The number of vouchers depend on how big the set is.

If the set composition is 1-50 cards or tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 51-150 cards or tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 151-300 cards or tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 301-750 cards or tickets you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 751-1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 6 free gradings.
    If the set composition is over 1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 7 free gradings.
  • Looks like Jeff had the answer
  • PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Not sure, but perhaps Smittys is asking if you send a complete ungraded set of cards from a particular year in the 1960's to PSA for grading, do they give you a special rate. If that is indeed the question, give them a call because they might consider a bulk rate if the submission is large enough.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call Joe or Roy Alcala and they will likely work out a deal for you. I only asked about one set, my 1969 set. They offered me something like $5/card but this was back in the late 90s when $7-$8 was about the best pricing they offered at the time.
  • I have sometimes thought about this but I would tend to advise against it. The 'problem' is that there are numerous cards that are relatively easy to pick up in a reasonable grade at a reasonable price for many sets. It's generally only the tougher cards that you need to send in at this point. I would be concerned about sending in a set and receiving good grades for the easy cards and average grades for the tough cards. On the other hand, if you really feel you have an incredible set, $5 per card would seem very fair if you can get it. Good luck.
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have sometimes thought about this but I would tend to advise against it. The 'problem' is that there are numerous cards that are relatively easy to pick up in a reasonable grade at a reasonable price for many sets. It's generally only the tougher cards that you need to send in at this point. I would be concerned about sending in a set and receiving good grades for the easy cards and average grades for the tough cards. On the other hand, if you really feel you have an incredible set, $5 per card would seem very fair if you can get it. Good luck. >>

I'll post some pictures later I think this one would grade out really nice, but I will get opinions first.
  • I have a complete 1963 Bazooka All-Time Greats Set Graded. Currently #5 all Time. Great Baseball set, all Hall of Famers.

Dave
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    No, and no.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items