Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Never saw this before on slab that just came from sub

Normally there are ads for Memory Lane in the brown boxes that PSA uses to send back the cards after grading.

Up till now I have never see any that have a cling attached to a slab.

Just seems weird to me.

Shawn
After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods

Comments

• Options
    Did you actually win it from Memory lane?
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Oops. I meant they have been attached to my subs for awhile. Just doing business....
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    I got one of those on a 54 Aaron Rookie autographed when it came back from PSA...Kind of neat to fill out and leave on the back of the card.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think it's BS for them to do it.

• Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you actually win it from Memory lane? >>

No, I subbed that card to PSA and it came back that way. The only card in my sub that had it.
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Personally, I think it's BS for them to do it. >>

I agree they could be kinda cool to use, but I also think it's BS to put a 3rd-party ad for a seller right on the front of something that you paid to have objectively graded.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    I got one put on a card I had since I was a kid. I ripped it off and threw it in the trash. I'm annoyed PSA would stick advertisements on my card that I submitted. ML inc had nothing to do with the card I submitted. FWIW I bought the card from a sports card dealer in Lahaska, PA back in 1976.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    they stuff SWAG advertising in every subs, what's the difference if it's printed matter or a removable sticker?

peel off, move on.
  • Options

<< <i>they stuff SWAG advertising in every subs, what's the difference if it's printed matter or a removable sticker?

peel off, move on. >>

But it makes the cards appear out of focus!!!!!image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>they stuff SWAG advertising in every subs, what's the difference if it's printed matter or a removable sticker?

peel off, move on. >>

But it makes the cards appear out of focus!!!!!image >>

PSA 6.

chaz.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I also find it annoying and throw it in the trash with the rest of the glossy ads they send me.
  • Options
    Its a conflict of interest to me. TPGer has no business being affliated with ANY kind of buying or selling of cards
    weather it be indirectly or not. I fear the coruption at PSA has been growing ever since the .05 money grab.
  • Options

True, it is completely irrational and unnecessary for a company to sell and insert non-destructive advertising as a means to supplement income and keep prices at a steady level.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    wasn't there already a post about this?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    where does it say that PSA is affiliated with Memory Lane?

Memory Lane pays advertising like everyone else in the banner ads at the top of this screen. That ad revenue allows PSA to give us better prices and for them to increase profit. No where in the advertising does it say PSA recommends Memory Lane or that you should submit to Memory Lane to sell your card.

I just throw it out like I do with all the other advertising that comes in my sub boxes

• Options
    My last PSA/DNA sub came back with those. My last sub was the $10 authentication/slab a couple months back.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>

True, it is completely irrational and unnecessary for a company to sell and insert non-destructive advertising as a means to supplement income and keep prices at a steady level. >>

If you'll read back, no one objects to the ads. I just find it a bit unseemly that they affix them, however safely, to my property. When a guy paints my house, he doesn't plop a sign in my yard without asking.

That being said, it really isn't a big deal to me, just a bit unseemly.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I was not complaining, just thought it was weird.

I expect ads in the boxes but not on my cards.

Oh well if it provides them a revenue stream and causes few complaints, I am sure they will continue.