Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wow These games tonight are awesome!!!

Man Tampa Bay just got back into this game in a heart beat!

I barely ever watch during the regular season but I have a feeling these playoffs are going to be awesome!!

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    image AMAZING! Almost every game that counts is going down to the wire!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Tampa who?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am by no means a Tampa Bay die hard. I just don't mind seeing them do good. Tampa is 83 miles away from me in Orlando but the Rays are actually in St. Pete and it is closer to 110 miles away and they play in a total dump!

If they want to get some excitement going they need to move the team closer to downtown Tampa and closer to the water. If they did that you could get way more people from around the state willing to drive to the games. St. Pete is just not easily accesable.

Either way I am pumped we are seeing some exciting games and this will give me something to watch on TV!
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image AMAZING! Almost every game that counts is going down to the wire! >>

+1
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tampa who? >>

I think they have a wrestling team
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
    WOW!!!!!!

What a clutch home run!!!
  • Dan Johnson blast!! That is really Awesome, good for him!!

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • you know... I wonder if there was some shenanigans so this would bring up ratings etc etc.

I bet rays and sox meet to see who gets the wild card. The way the yanks been playing these past 3 games I am wondering if they losing on purpose to force the extra game? If they are it is good for them because it will wear out a possible opponent in the ALCS...
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tampa who? >>

The Rays...you know, the team thats gonna knock the Red Sox out of the playoff? image
    Hit two of the O's in a row! Man that first pitch that hit the first batter must have hurt really bad! Just a dead hit to the ribs!

• Sox fan to the grave, but it was sweet to see that blast by Dan Johnson. He was batting what like .108, that made his career so far and maybe the year for Tampa.

I too would love a Tampa/Sox game...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    what a comeback by the Rays
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Braves and Phillies are in the 13th tied, Atlanta has to win to force a 163 game with St Louis.

Good for you.
  • Man this is an awesome game. Come on RAYS!
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I actually hope Boston perseveres and wins the wild card, but man, it sure would be great for the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry, if the Yankees would inentionally walk 4 straight Tampa Bay batters in the bottom of the 11th. That would be CLASSIC.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    I am glad that call was reversed. There was no doubt he was safe no matter what team you are pulling for.

• << <i>I actually hope Boston perseveres and wins the wild card, but man, it sure would be great for the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry, if the Yankees would inentionally walk 4 straight Tampa Bay batters in the bottom of the 11th. That would be CLASSIC. >>

It wouldn't surprise me if happens. We will see. Back to the game for me
  • This is some baseball. orioles tie in the 9th
    WOO HOO
    Baltimore ties it in the 9th

Edited to add: RED SOX LOST!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>WOO HOO

Baltimore ties it in the 9th >>

wow
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    WOW Sox lose!!!

CHOKE
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    ORIOLES MAGIC!!! LMFAO!!!
  • Now the sox nation is hoping the yanks win right now! LMAO

Edit add:
    Wow Yanks lost...

• << <i>ORIOLES MAGIC!!! LMFAO!!! >>

+100000000
    RAYS WIN!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

GONE!!!!! LOL!!!!!
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    the Walk OFF!image
    This has officially been the funniest five minutes in the history of baseball!! image

• << <i>This has officially been the funniest five minutes in the history of baseball!! image >>

Even though I don't like the yankees losing. I have to agree. I am laughing right now and I don't know why... image
    imageimage
  • YES YES YES!!!!
  • Needless to say, that was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    As a neutral, this is has been the most interesting and exciting day of baseball that I can ever remember. And my team won the WS in 2005.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    great night to be a ball fan.

playoffs!! image
    In a matter of three minutes, two walk-offs, and Red Sox playoff hopes dashed. WOW!!
  • MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Two decisive games go down to walk-offs in game 162 no less; pretty impressive drama, and a strong argument for there being enough drama in the current MLB WC/playoff structure/format.

Can't believe the Sox are not even in the post season, considering how high they were favored to finish; back in April so many Yanks fans were just hoping the Yanks would get the WC.

Yanks taking 1st seed and division over Sox this year has gotta be up there with the Giants Superbowl victory over the then undefeated Pats, in terms of the cities' sports rivalry.

And gotta give props to those Orioles for not rolling over. The O's play so well under Buck in September; if Weiters and Jones can blossom and they develop arms, the division could be even tougher in time. It was just so odd how, at the very end, the Red Sox were depending on the Yanks to salvage their whole season. That's some major irony there.
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭
    easily the greatest and best 316 foot home run in front of 5,200 people I've ever witnessed.

• << <i>easily the greatest and best 316 foot home run in front of 5,200 people I've ever witnessed. >>

• kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a night!
    IWTDMBII
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Red Sox Nation Deflation. I'm sorry..........................................not really.
  • Best night of baseball I have ever seen. I'm a Rays fan, and that made it even better. I remember being in college with fellow board member Bporter26, and scraping every last dime we had together to afford season tickets in year one of the Rays existence. These last three years have been so rewarding! Go Rays!
  • sounds like something happened, although I am not sure what.....
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely the best hour I've had watching baseball in my life.

Credits to the MLB network as well. WOW!~
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!