Home Sports Talk
Options

Miami Marlins??

jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
I just heard about this... kinda stupid.

ESPN

Comments

• Options
    Nasty logo
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Kinda looks like the logo of a South Beach gay club.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kinda looks like the logo of a South Beach gay club. >>

image Like in the 1980's too
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    While I'm not too fond of that particular new Marlins logo, I do like the idea of changing the team name from the Florida Marlins to the Miami Marlins. Florida is a big state and I doubt too many folks north of Dade County care about the team much at all. Its a Miami team, not a state team.

Also- I DO really like the concept of the 3rd jersey that the article mentioned. The Braves break out a red jersey for all of thier Sunday home games and they are very sharp.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Miami might as well be a different state.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow this logo just doesn't do it .image
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Back in the Florida State League, the Miami Marlins were around for many years. I used to see them when they would come to play the West Palm Beach Expos. They were the only independent team in the league (this was the 80's) after years as the Orioles farm team. Then they were part of the Padres system. Frequently, they had guys that used to be in the majors that were trying to work their way back up. Guys of the calibre of Juan Eichelberger were common to see there. But they did not have a logo like that.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Miami might as well be a different state. >>

you mean country, don't you?image

yeah ugly, reminds me of the paint scheme of the airport back in '86