Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How to store my football programs?

I am looking for some advice as to how to store old Green Bay Packer football programs. My great uncle started the collection and my father continued it and now that he is gone I took it over. I have boxes of programs from the 1920's through today and I want to find the best way to store them. They were stored in cardboard bankers boxes and I went through and sorted them out by decade and now I am going through each decade and sorting them by year and season. I have been putting them in plastic 3 ring binder sleeves and then into 3 ring binders by year or years depending on how many I have. The problem I am running into and that is only going to get worse is that some of the programs will not fit into a standard sleeve or binder so I am not sure what the best way to store them. I want to keep them safe and in good condition for the next generation. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John
John
Green Bay WI
Packer Program Collector

Comments

• Options
    I bought a huge lot of Syracuse U programs from the 50s - 70s and I went to the local antique dealer where there is a booth selling nothing but plastic sleeves. From small, drug dealer 1x1s to record album and comic book sized. Many you can get ziploc style zippers or not. I prefer with zippers. And these are cheap too. It's what I keep mine in and I'm happy so far.

If you can't find any locally I'm happy to help you by buying some here and mailing them to you. Just give me dimensions and how many of each size and I'll confirm that this guy has them.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    BCW supplies has various magazine storage options. You could bag and board each one (like with comics) and they also have storage boxes.

BCW Supplies
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    I would recommend acid free backing boards and mylars--magazine size. They look real nice and provide long term storage. They are a bit pricey but makes anything in them look real nice.
  • Options
    OK, I ordered some of those backer boards, that sounds like a great idea to keep them in shape. But what do you store them in, do you guys use boxes, binders or sometrhing else I am not even thinking of. Right now I am using binders for the ones that will fit in binders but at some point the programs get larger so I am going to need to do something else.
    John
    Green Bay WI
    Packer Program Collector