Home Precious Metals
Options

CME now has a gold E-MICRO 10 oz contract!

BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
Kind of neat, although I dont understand exactly all the details of taking delivery. Looks like you get a 10 ounce certificate of some sort. ----------BigE
I'm glad I am a Tree

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    e-micro gold

Settlement Type
    Physical - The medium of exchange is an "ACE", Accumulated Certificate of Exchange, not a 10 ounce gold bar. Upon delivery of an E-micro Gold Futures contract, the buyer receives/seller delivers an ACE, issued by the CME clearing house. An ACE represents a 10% ownership in a 100-Troy Ounce Gold bar held in the form of a COMEX gold warrant.

Delivery Period
    Delivery may take place on any business day beginning on the first business day of the delivery month or any subsequent business day of the delivery month, but not later than the last business day of the current delivery month.

Grade and Quality Specifications
    Gold delivered under this contract shall assay to a minimum of 995 fineness
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Oh boy!!!!!!!! I'd like to be holding a fist full of those!!!!! Can bury them with the FRN's and see if they grow?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you can exchange 10 ACE's for a bar. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MGC.

Old news.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe you can exchange 10 ACE's for a bar. image >>

I think this is it, but there is a time limit on redemption. They pretty much want you to do a normal cash settlement it seems. Might be nice to only have to put up 1500.00 to control 10 ounces, and be able to jump in or out for 7.95 a trade, very low stress-I think I'll sign up----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    So you get a piece of paper saying you own 10% of another piece of paper?
  • Options
    Only if you take delivery. You can get cash for 10 ounces at the end, or re-up and buy and sell your 10 ounces for another couple of months--------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree