Home Precious Metals

Saw the thread about Gainesville and web maintenence and...

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
got to wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for online bullion buying.

I tried to set up an account with Gaineseville as I had read favorable commentary about them, and their prices were reasonable (APMEX seems to have gotten a bit of upward drift of late).

HOWEVER, they flat out won't let me open an account BECAUSE I'm in the military and have a military mailing/billing address.

I understand if a company does not want to use USPS for shipping (the only ones who deliver to APO/FPO) then I could take delivery via the re-shipping company I use which is the price of living on an overseas base sometimes (ie companies that only ship via UPS). Annoying, but I can deal with that and often do.

However, with Gainesville I wasn't even trying to order, just start an account. My entries would not take so I emailed to ask and they said they would not sell to military (me) with a military billing address. Toads.

Anyway, I'm working filling another mint tube (only the 1/10ths...) and was looking for a new place. Golddealer.com is looking to be my choice (other than the BST board which, thank you very much, did allow me to get a couple of the 1/10ths earlier in the month and hence the sell of--I'm a very good negative prognosticator apparently).

Any other recommendations? BST is great, but only if someone happens to be selling when/what I'm buying image.

EDITED TO ADD: I just found the thread with the Gold Shark link...that's an excellent resource, and I'd love to hear if anyone has a particular 'good customer service' type recommendation for any of the sellers.

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for quantity I always choose tulving.com.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• For small quantities I am very happy with ProvidentMetals.com

They don't have the huge variety of Apmex but their prices are a way lower.
    Quick shipping too, usually via USPS. I ordered a roll friday night and shipped yesterday. (I imagine they have had a lot of orders during the weekend)
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • double post
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>for quantity I always choose tulving.com. >>

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks--I was looking at Provident and GoldenEagle (I realized I'd seen them at the Baltimore shows I've been to a few years back). I'll look those two over. I remember a million years ago when Tulving had a 4 oz minimum, but nowadays I am WAY not buying in those quantities image.

Cathy

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks--I was looking at Provident and GoldenEagle (I realized I'd seen them at the Baltimore shows I've been to a few years back). I'll look those two over. I remember a million years ago when Tulving had a 4 oz minimum, but nowadays I am WAY not buying in those quantities image.

Cathy >>

just a few days ago (not there any longer), I was surprised at a couple of gold listings on Tulving: you could get about six ounces of Mexican 2.5 Peso gold coins as the minimum purchase. Pretty cool. Also, there was a listing for Gold Buffalo coins, I think they were Proof, at about ninety bucks over spot. Minimum was just three! Came with all government packaging too.
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>for quantity I always choose tulving.com. >>

I'd love to be able to use the big T. But they still don't ship to Canada imageimage
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    pokermandude...I live rite on the us/canada border,just ship to my house and walk on over....prob can arrange a cup of coffee with your order image
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I would buy from Gainesville but I don't like wire transfers. (I don't use credit cards to buy PM's) Gainesville doesn't like waiting for a Postal Money orders.

I use Provident Metals and APMEX.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!