Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Come On People-We Must Do A Better Job.

Please, when you sell a coin, release it! You can't have the money and the coin too.

RegistryNut image

Comments

• Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭
    Here's what I have done in the past. I have sold a coin via E-bay, PCGS boards, etc. I leave it in my inventory until after the buyer gets the coin and is happy, then release it. That way, the coin is still registered in my name. Why? First, if lost then I could contact PCGS with the certification number and have them be on the lookout for the coin. If I remove it as soon as I sold it, it could get lost/stolen and I'd be out of luck. Second reason, forgetfulness. I recently made a purchase. Received the coin and registered it into my set. I then discovered I already had the coin. Contacted the seller, he agreed to a very generous refund when he didn't have to. Since I was returning the coin I forgot about being in my inventory. A few weeks later, I received an e-mail from PCGS requesting I remove the coin from my inventory. It was an oversight on my part. Done within a minute. I really doubt anyone would deliberately sell a coin and try to keep it in their inventory. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    RegistryNut, thanks for your post. As we get older we forget sometimes.
    I hope it wasn't my coin or coins, I sold some on Saturday and forgot
    to delete them when I got home. If you bought some from a dealer
    in Omaha forgive me. I sold some to him at the Sioux Falls show and
    just forgot to delete them. They're now deleted from my registry.
    Jamie, I also thought the same thing and wouldn't have seen the
    deleting info if I hadn't looked. Been a while since I've posted here as
    well. Thanks again.
    Mike.
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl