Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

OT: Egypt

I was readinf a book about Howard Carter this week. The author states that the Statue of Liberty
was originally intended for Egypt. Her original name was to be "An Allegory of Egypt Holding Out the
Lamp of Learning to Asia." The king og Egypt was broke and couldn't afford the shipping and construction costs so it waqs built for the USA. I was wondering if anone else had heard this.
"It is good for the state that the people do not think."

Adolf Hitler

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "what is the country with pyraminds?"

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>I was readinf a book about Howard Carter this week. The author states that the Statue of Liberty
    was originally intended for Egypt. Her original name was to be "An Allegory of Egypt Holding Out the
    Lamp of Learning to Asia." The king og Egypt was broke and couldn't afford the shipping and construction costs so it waqs built for the USA. I was wondering if anone else had heard this. >>

100% true,intended to stand at the mouth of the Suez canal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I was readinf a book about Howard Carter this week. The author states that the Statue of Liberty
    Lamp of Learning to Asia." The king og Egypt was broke and couldn't afford the shipping and construction costs so it waqs built for the USA. I was wondering if anone else had heard this. >>

100% true,intended to stand at the mouth of the Suez canal. >>

See link
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King Farouk sold it for $20.

$20 paid his way.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television