Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Questions about the Weird-Ohs!

Hello, everybody, been awhile since my last post, but I'm still collecting PSA8 Topps Batman (Black/Red/Blue) and picking up the occassional PSA7 Mars Attacks cards.

Recently, the Weird Ohs caught my eye and I've been thinking about picking a few up and maybe going for a set. But, I have a few noob questions to ask first, if I may --

How difficult is this set to put together? I've read that some cards had lower print runs, is this true?

Are collectors only interested in NM-MT (8) and above, or is that grade even now considered too low? (I know better now than to believe eBay BIN prices are accurate market prices.)

Is this one of those sets that is simply too expensive for dealers to slab -- what I mean is, the costs involved in slabbing the card are more than what they could sell it for?

And finally -- I see this set was recently reprinted. Has the reprint killed interest/demand in the original '66 Fleer cards, or actually re-ignited it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Morning,

Since no one else will answer you, I guess I will. Fleer 1965 Weird-Ohs are a vastly overproduced set with very little Collector interest. Complete MINT sets can usually be found on Fee-Bay at most any given time for less than $75-$100 bucks. Paying anymore than a dollar or two for top notch copies means you have no patience or don't look enough! I doubt very much there are any Low Print runs except in the minds of somebody trying to sell you some!

Specifically to awswer your questions:

No difficulty at all as complete sets are for sale all the time.

Collectors aren't interested in them mostly at all, although I am sure there is a Market for 10's and low Pop 9's.

Yes, it isn't worth it to slab even high grade examples, I tried a few years back and sold a bunch of 9's for like $3 and .99 cents each.

Be aware of unsrupulous E-bay Dealers selling the Re-Prints, which are even more worthless than the originals, as originals.

Have a Great Day and if you need any more Short/Lower Print runs of any other stuff, check out my Store, All my Stuff is SP low Print Runsimageimageimage (Just as much as any Claims of Weird-Ohs having Short Prints)

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Hey, Neil, thanks for your reply!

It's too bad others don't seem to appreciate these like I do. Oh, well. (I'm sure others feel that way about certain cards, too.)

Surely the reprints must have some sort of tell-tale sign that they are new -- a company logo, trademark date, etc.?

I wonder how many collectors will slab a card just for their own enjoyment/overpowering OCD compulsions? It doesn't make sense to slab these, but they'd look so cool in a little plastic case...

Say, Neil, post a link to your store!
  • Evening,

I don't know how to do the link thing but I am under thedutymon or vintagenonsportscardguy on E-Bay.

Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!