Home Precious Metals

Silver eagles 2006 W, 2007W, and 2008 W prices

have not dropped at all on Ebay .

Is this just delayed action?

Comments

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, junk 90% silver is bringing more than 25 times face, even though silver value is less than 21 times face.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Though I haven't looked today, it seemed to me the price levels for gold and silver was basically the same as it was before the drop. I think a lot of the people listing just look at prior sales and ignore real time data. Saturday, people were still selling rolls of ASE for 1,000+
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premiums on ebay will slowly drop. Kowledgeable ebay sellers watch their ebay competition and react accordingly. Prices will start jacking downward until they find a new level.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    Not selling any of my silver at these prices ($28). I was selling at the $41 levels. ASE Rolls were generally in the $920-$950 range on ebay when silver was at this price.

<< <i>Premiums on ebay will slowly drop. Kowledgeable ebay sellers watch their ebay competition and react accordingly. Prices will start jacking downward until they find a new level. >>

Hopefully after Oct 3 when my eBay Bucks are available. to bad I won't earn bucks on the bucks!
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices do not appear
    to have dropped any !!!
    Timbuk3
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

My theory on this is there are millions of bullion eagles and only a handful of the "W"s . People want these for coin collecting purposes and not

the bullion factor. I am sure the mint has made more than 500,000 of the uncirculated eagles this year and the 06,07, and 08 W's will be the low

mintage coins of the future.
  • With the millions-mintage 2011 ASEs selling for nearly $5 over spot from APMEX, any of the Ws should be getting nice premiums still. Probably some lag to it too.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

The cheapest buy it now price on ebay is now in the $50 and up range. I am glad I picked up 20 07 W's the other day in the $44 range.
    Sold 2007 100 ASE Ws for $4400 all sealed and FS Eligible. No one wanted these on the BST or ebay. Coins are dead in the water in my opinion.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sold 2007 100 ASE Ws for $4400 all sealed and FS Eligible. No one wanted these on the BST or ebay. Coins are dead in the water in my opinion. >>

For a collector, which is how I think these are looked at, that is too many and too high of an overall price.
    For a dealer, I don't think there is enough meat on the bone to make the effort worth it.
    That's why I think you had problems.

If you had had them in singles or even 5-10, then maybe you would have had more action

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Yes. Maybe on the BST as singles, but never on ebay. You would get creamed with fees if sold as singles.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Eric on these - they are the next "Morgan Dollars". The W's will have their day.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

If they keep minting these coins the first 3 years are going to be the key years and will continue to go for premium money.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If they keep minting these coins the first 3 years are going to be the key years and will continue to go for premium money. >>

Unless offered as a separate coin, the 2011-S from the 25th Anniversary Set will likely have a much lower mintage than any of the "W" coins, and will become the unc. major key.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

It is not a "W" and will sit alone as the only "S" at this point in time.
    Why is it the mint mark is considered for modern keys when they never were in the past. Frankly, I don't believe a W or S makes a difference. Whichever has the lowest mintage is the key to the series.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i think if silver goes (back) up all the collector premium will be wiped out on the W's

the S will be in a separate class, imo much like the silver reverse proof...unless they start to make 'em each year.

The collector premium has stayed with the "W"'s so far. I have been watching them pretty close for over a year.

When the price of silver drops the "W"'s remain constant and when the price of silver goes up so has the price of the "W"'s.

This may change but look what the 2011 W's are going for right now.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is it the mint mark is considered for modern keys when they never were in the past. Frankly, I don't believe a W or S makes a difference. Whichever has the lowest mintage is the key to the series. >>

Can you say carson city!
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
    "Can you say carson city! "

Can you say 1914 D Lincoln or the 1893-S dollar. Even the 1909-S VDB Lincoln, which was a unique coin for the series, is considers a key. Again, it's mintage and survival rate that matters, not mint mark.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>"Can you say carson city! "

Can you say 1914 D Lincoln or the 1893-S dollar. Even the 1909-S VDB Lincoln, which was a unique coin for the series, is considers a key. Again, it's mintage and survival rate that matters, not mint mark. >>

Mint mark is a factor, though not as much as the mintage and survival rate

I'll just buy a 1995 P silver eagle proof, its the same as the 1995 W silver eagle proof, both are 1995 silver eagle proofs minted in 1995.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    This may change but look what the 2011 W's are going for right now. >>

yes but haven't they been pulled form the mint making for an artificially low mintage (so far?)