Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Question Regarding Jackie Robinson Master Set

This may have already been discussed, but the search function is not working for me for whatever reason.

Why does PSA include the '54 Topps Gray Back Jackie Robinson, and not the 1956 Topps Gray Back Jackie Robinson in the Master set? I've seen one example of the '54 Gray Back, and it seems that most of them are incorrectly slabbed as normal 1954 Topps cards? When using the "What If" scenario, I can't even choose a potential option for that, making it impossible for one to achieve 100% completion for the JR Master set.

Comments

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Request that the 1956 Gray Back be added to the set (report a cert that should match this composite, new slot).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi CharleyBrown,
    I have the same challenge with the Harmon Killebrew set. I have identified about a dozen items that are not in the set, most are not obscure and are in other players sets. I sent an email to PSA mentioning the cards in question. The only way to add them is to do what NickM says and prepare to wait months for results. Seems to be a rather inefficient and cumbersome way to manage a database. To add to my frustration, some of my cards weren't yet graded, so that had to be done first. I am sure this also frustrates other collectors who think they have a set completed or near completion and there's another card to acquire.
    Have fun collecting!
    Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Joe- I see from your post you collect Killebrew. Are Full bazooka boxes part of the registry? I have a Full 1968 bazooka box for sale that has killebrew on the side.(Brooks Robinson is on the large back panel)
    LMK if you need it for your collection.
    Thanks Scott
  • I request new cards to be added all of the time to the Babe Ruth Master set. It takes around a month, but the new slot does get in there. If the card is exceptionally rare (e.g., very low pop), the registry folks will ask for a scan of the card, and will do additional research on it.