Home Sports Talk
Options

Tiki Barber HOF - No, Ronde Barber - HOF, YES

Wasn't a shutdown corner, but that was not his job in the Cover 2.

Consistent and highly-rated player for 10+ years, AND the only CB in NFL history to have 40 or more INT's and 25 or more sacks.

I love the way how people talk about Tiki being borderline, and there is lot a talk about his brother amongst average enthusiasts.

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't agree more. If Ronde played on the Steelers or Patriots it would've even be a question. Ronde yes, Tiki no.
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Couldn't agree more. If Ronde played on the Steelers or Patriots it would've even be a question. Ronde yes, Tiki no. >>

Thanks. It's nice to interact with someone who realizes the nuances of things which often fly under the radar.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how well John Lynch does in the coming Hall of Fame voting. I'd say that he was viewed with the same regard as Ronde. If he gets no support, I'd venture to say that Ronde gets little as well. Heck, Steve freaking At-water can't even get a sniff of the Hall. DB's have a HUGE uphill road to climb.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It will be interesting to see how well John Lynch does in the coming Hall of Fame voting. I'd say that he was viewed with the same regard as Ronde. If he gets no support, I'd venture to say that Ronde gets little as well. Heck, Steve freaking At-water can't even get a sniff of the Hall. DB's have a HUGE uphill road to climb. >>

He made a lot of Pro Bowls. I will have to take a look at his stats later and comment. Right now my little guy is coming home from school.

Thanks for the suggestion.