Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Vintage Card Shops in Vegas?

Gonna be in the Huntington Beach/Newport Beach today and tomorrow.

Any shops around there that would have high end vintage stuff?

Edited to add 10/17: Thanks for all the suggestions. Went to Beverly Hills Cards and had a nice time. Headed to Vegas in a couple of weeks--any nice high-end vintage card shops there?

Comments

• You may want to take a trip to Beverly Hills Baseball Card shop on Robertson and visit Matt. He has mostly ungraded material and a lot of it with a nice selection of Vintage.
  • I live in Huntington and teach in Newport. Really not much around here anymore. You'd have more fun going to Main St. in HB and hitting the happy hours
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Memory Lane have a retail area?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • It is getting pretty thin out there, but if you are close enough, check out South Bay Baseball Cards in Lomita (south Torrance, close to Long Beach / 110). I was there a few months ago and the owner (name?) has been in business a long time and had a pretty good vintage inventory. He had just put out a boat-load of 33 Goudey's in PSA holders, and had a good selection of 50's-60's vintage too, displayed stars and commons boxes. I've been meaning to head back there soon. If anyone knows any good vintage shops in OC, let me know, anything that was ever good is long gone as far as I know.

1751 Pacific Coast Hwy
    Lomita, CA

Chad
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Not too sure how far you want to drive but the card shops they listed in Lomita and Beverly Hills aren't exactly close to Huntington or Newport. Each is at least 45 min. or more depending upon traffic
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Bump for Vegas!

• TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I know that if you're looking for a 1967 Rose, DON'T go to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop because Rick passed on a bunch he said were fake, thus he has none...

Edited to say that there is a sports cards consultant that appears on Pawn Stars, but I forget the shop's name.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Here are the names of three in Vegas...have not been to any of them so good luck.

Jeff

Casey's Sports Cards & Memorabilia

Legacy Sports Cards

Ultimate Sports Cards And Memorabilia
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭
    Was just in Vegas and was looking for local card shops. I found a few, but nothing to write home about.

A few years back (well, more than a few I guess...it was pre-Bellagio) there used to be a great vintage card
    shop right on LV Blvd. But sadly they are long gone.

If you find any I'd love to know about them as I get out to LV pretty regularly.

Dave
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Recent news story about one of the Vegas shops mentioned

Vegas Shop Scammed

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.

• << <i>Recent news story about one of the Vegas shops mentioned

Vegas Shop Scammed

IMF >>

Wow,

Can you say "DumbA$$"!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Anybody remember Smokey's of Las Vegas?